Home

Ideas to make kicking harder

This is a discussion on Ideas to make kicking harder within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #25
Rookie

SOU7GLO's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to make kicking harder

Would love to see wind socks/orange flags at the top of the goal posts that are dynamic and react realistically to the wind. Additionally, there should be a wind indicator displayed on the play call screen.

In the PS2 day’s (sigh) the controller would rumble on FG attempts (more on end of game attempts and more difficult kicks). It should be brought back...along with many other things from PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #26
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I remember on the older NCAA games that a real bad kicker with low accuracy would not kick the ball straight, it would slice and curve even if you perfected the meter, which made kicking with crappy kickers much harder.. Madden needs to add this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 10-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #27
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOU7GLO
Would love to see wind socks/orange flags at the top of the goal posts that are dynamic and react realistically to the wind. Additionally, there should be a wind indicator displayed on the play call screen.

In the PS2 day’s (sigh) the controller would rumble on FG attempts (more on end of game attempts and more difficult kicks). It should be brought back...along with many other things from PS2.
It would be great if the wind effected the ball more realistically. A 7 mph wind doesn't blow a football 5 yards off course.

Id love to see more accurate trajectories too. A kick doesn't travel in a perfect parabola. Longer kicks should start lower and climb, then fall at a steeper angle. Have kicks that slice or draw.

Having the line get some push or blocking that can scheme a hole open so the back guy can come through for a block attempt. Have guys reach their hands up at the LOS to block kicks that start too low. Have outside rushers bend around blocks instead of being untouched.

There's so much possibility with special teams in the game, it's ridiculous how bad it's been across the board for so long

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 10-26-2020, 02:35 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I really loved the All Pro Football 2k8 kicking mechanic. It was challenging and rewarding.

APF 2K8 has the best kicking mechanic out of any football game, it was the perfect mix of challenging, but not impossible to use, it relied more on feeling and staying calm and focused vs tapping a button, you could easily get into funks and lose confidence or get locked in and never miss, It’s the closest representation of kicking translated to a video game I’ve seen.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #29
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

The bigger issue is how to find the balance of user input versus actual kicker ability.

The only way to do that in the current system that I can see it to adjust speed for a lower rated kicker. Even then once you get the timing down it's pretty much all about the user. Kicking is really like a minigame almost.

There is no feedback to show how off or on a kick is beyond the bar and you can be well outside and still make a kick. I know some people hate the onscreen stuff but a toggle for % chance off/on would be nice for an idea once you kick. Or even something beyond the accurate kick thing that comes up now for when the kicks are less accurate.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #30
Rookie

In Madden 21 would it even matter? A good 20-30% of my kicks end in roughing for some reason. That needs to be fixed before we even THINK about harder kicking.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:45 AM   #31
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonkey
In Madden 21 would it even matter? A good 20-30% of my kicks end in roughing for some reason. That needs to be fixed before we even THINK about harder kicking.

I'd forgotten that was (still, post patches?) an issue as I, like most, turned off roughing the kicker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
APF 2K8 has the best kicking mechanic out of any football game, it was the perfect mix of challenging, but not impossible to use, it relied more on feeling and staying calm and focused vs tapping a button, you could easily get into funks and lose confidence or get locked in and never miss, It’s the closest representation of kicking translated to a video game I’ve seen.
I had to raise the kick power in APF2k8 for kicking though. because I had to really have some power with pushing the analog stick forward. I didn't want to damage my controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »