Home

Old 10-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: AI qb pocket awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
I am 99% sure it's a playbook issue and when the offense is running all verticals.
I think my quote above has something to do with it and something else I'm starting to notice is field general and strong arm qb's that are having this problem by the continuous dropping back and improvisor and scrambler just seems smarter in the pocket and actually avoiding the sack or throwing the ball away.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

I have noticed the problem with all styles of QB, but I do notice it more with QBs who never scramble.

I also play with ghost playbooks where there are NO 4 verts plays and it still happens.

It seems to be a product of a few things

1- Low awareness by the AI computer
2- A certain combination of qb traits
3- Your pass rush/their pass protection

I haven't quite figured out what factors control it better. I do see it less with QBs who scramble, but I've also played scrambling QBs with their traits set to scramble who NEVER scramble and still just drop back until they get sacked.

The best fix I've seen for non scrambling qbs is upping QB awareness a nice amount and then tinkering with traits to increase the likelihood of them scrambling or throwing the ball away. But I haven't "fixed" it completely yet...
Old 11-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #19
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

As someone who is familiar with the exact logic of the game, I can tell you there is basically only 3 animations that a QB can use when they sense pressure:

1. Step away from pressure - simple logic where they take a step AWAY from the pressure. Even if that’s backwards.

2. Rollout - simple logic to run out of pocket. This animation stops quickly; however, so, it looks like a spin move frequently.

3. Scramble - scrambles away from pressure.

QBs with the POCKET PASSER trait don’t have the ability to use The 3rd animation, and QBs with BALANCED or SCRAMBLE trait have a timer where they will automatically Rollout after 2-3 seconds.

This is why the running backwards issue is mainly with Pocket passers.
Modding is the only way to change this, and even modding is limited.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:04 PM   #20
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

I am curious as to how you guys are getting the cpu to throw vert passes, because most of the qbs I face are throwing either slants or curl routes. Some IN/OUt routes but mainly slants and curls
Old 11-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #21
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I am curious as to how you guys are getting the cpu to throw vert passes, because most of the qbs I face are throwing either slants or curl routes. Some IN/OUt routes but mainly slants and curls
Modding fixes this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
If you aren't on PC then create ghost playbooks. There is a thread in the sliders section that explains it. But the short version is you will have to edit the playbook for teams you play to remove certain plays like 4 verts and slants. This forces the cpu to pick other plays.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #23
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
If you aren't on PC then create ghost playbooks. There is a thread in the sliders section that explains it. But the short version is you will have to edit the playbook for teams you play to remove certain plays like 4 verts and slants. This forces the cpu to pick other plays.
I'll have to look into this, maybe there are some community files already that i can download so it wont take a long time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »