Home

How to stop the quick slants

This is a discussion on How to stop the quick slants within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
How to stop the quick slants

So this years madden, especially lately I’ve been getting killed on the quick slants from the cpu. I’ve tried what I thought works, especially man coverage I shade on the inside and play press but many times the wr still seems to get like a few yards separation and it’s an easy pass/catch for the cpu.

Any tips what does work for it? Sucks giving up big plays if I’m calling the right plays but seems no matter what rating my guys are it’s the same result
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How to stop the quick slants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So this years madden, especially lately I’ve been getting killed on the quick slants from the cpu. I’ve tried what I thought works, especially man coverage I shade on the inside and play press but many times the wr still seems to get like a few yards separation and it’s an easy pass/catch for the cpu.

Any tips what does work for it? Sucks giving up big plays if I’m calling the right plays but seems no matter what rating my guys are it’s the same result
It is really hard with the CPU because they can see the whole field all the time. I usually run Tampa 2 and change the drop distance from my vert guys or put them on spys. I user the mike and try to get in front of whichever WR is open.

YMMV

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 10-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Hope the WR drops it.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #4
Banned

I no longer try. If the cpu wants to run slants, they will run slants lol. I have Jaire Alexander and Kendall Fuller giving up slants like no tomorrow . 🤦🏾*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-21-2020, 11:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Maverick04's Arena

OVR: 2

I’ve run more cover 3 mixed with cover 1 robber and the occasional blitz. Playing on all madden. Has seemed to help some
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 12:04 AM   #6
Rookie

Maverick04's Arena

OVR: 2

Also crazy that on those slants, you get penalized for calling “inside” leverage. If you don’t make that adjustment it’s not as big of gain, but heck if I’m running man and I call inside leverage it’s a TD a lot of times. Kindve ridiculous to have that option, you call it right, but it penalizes you. Guess they wanted more people to run more zone this year (which I hate zone even as a fan of watching football)
Old 10-22-2020, 12:15 AM   #7
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick04
Also crazy that on those slants, you get penalized for calling “inside” leverage. If you don’t make that adjustment it’s not as big of gain, but heck if I’m running man and I call inside leverage it’s a TD a lot of times. Kindve ridiculous to have that option, you call it right, but it penalizes you. Guess they wanted more people to run more zone this year (which I hate zone even as a fan of watching football)
The problem when I run zone is it usually helps stop the slant at first but then I get no pressure and eventually the slant guy will get opened anyways
Old 10-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

I've just created ghost playbooks that keep the cpu from running slants 55 times a game. Also if you get superstar corners with the short ko ability they will force the computer wrs to consistently drop slant passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »