Home

should I draft a franchise QB instead of Daniel Jones in Madden?

This is a discussion on should I draft a franchise QB instead of Daniel Jones in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

OVR: 0
should I draft a franchise QB instead of Daniel Jones in Madden?

The team is currently 8-6 and in potential for a wildcard spot. We are a 78 rated team playing on all madden w Matt 10 sliders.

There is at least 1 QB who is on the draft board at #1 great stats (and a news article) so im wondering about getting rid of DJ. He's been a good game manager, not nearly as bad as he is in real life but occasionally misses some throws. But overall decent, but not amazing. 16 Td's 7 picks, 2400 yards or so thrown.

I have the 1, 2, 6, 8, 26th pick and like 3 2nd rounders (traded a lot of my team)

should I be keeping DJ or what? even without star or better development?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: should I draft a franchise QB instead of Daniel Jones in Madden?

Depends on how generational a talent the QB is? Is this a generated or downloaded draft? If it's downloaded, I am sure the top rated QB is better than him. If it's generated, I would only do it if his numbers are through the roof.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #3

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Realistically theres no way they would trade him if they made the playoffs and that TD to INT ratio continued. Not unless there was some once in a generation talent available. But considering the draft picks you have acquired I don’t think you were going for realism. So go for it I guess.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
I have the 1, 2, 6, 8, 26th pick and like 3 2nd rounders (traded a lot of my team)

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-22-2020, 07:22 PM   #5
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Depends on how generational a talent the QB is? Is this a generated or downloaded draft? If it's downloaded, I am sure the top rated QB is better than him. If it's generated, I would only do it if his numbers are through the roof.

auto generated, ill check the stats but pretty sure it was A throwing power, A- throw deep accuracy, A- short accuracy as the 3 stats and early 1st round talent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #6
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

I traded freeman, tate, shep, engram, zeitler, pulley, Leonard Williams, dalvin, blakke Martinez, Lorenzo, marcus golden, Bradberry

probably in cap hell next year but should be good after
Old 10-22-2020, 07:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
auto generated, ill check the stats but pretty sure it was A throwing power, A- throw deep accuracy, A- short accuracy as the 3 stats and early 1st round talent
I don't think those are world changing stats. I would stay with Jones. If he was A+, A, A or better, I would draft him.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #8
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
Realistically theres no way they would trade him if they made the playoffs and that TD to INT ratio continued. Not unless there was some once in a generation talent available. But considering the draft picks you have acquired I don’t think you were going for realism. So go for it I guess.

I mean DJ is just throwing slants basically, and has missed a ton of open throws.. I guess that's normal for a 2nd year QB. Also have KJ Hamler, Albert O at TE, and Preston Williams which are great weapons.

But I find it tough to see DJ being much beyond a game manager.. especially if his development stays at "normal". Not saying he's Tim Tebow but..

also as stated the #1 QB in draft has A throwing power, A- throw deep accuracy, A- short accuracy as the 3 stats and early 1st round talent.

I think it's a waste of a pick if he doesn't have star or better development.. but not sure.

also in terms of realism, my LB's are like 72, 73 rated and beside Byron Murphy who I traded for, Yiadom/Holmes are like 70 rated CB's. Had some games where we give up 60 pts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »