Home

Madden NFL 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Franchise Mode Transfer Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Franchise Mode Transfer Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #9
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Release Date is Set For December 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
If this is a port Madden is in trouble. NBA 2k21 next gen has 2 broadcast teams, what has EA been doing?

That 2K gameplay they just released today is insane. Madden needs to step it up.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #10
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
EA just tweeted this, hopefully this means it’s not just a port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope it’s more than just a resolution update. Their last trailer featuring next generation FIFA and Madden were clearly more than just resolution updates. The trailer looked fantastic, hopefully they show off the version and it looks great on the gameplay front.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
That 2K gameplay they just released today is insane. Madden needs to step it up.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA2K/sta...91439657472011

They added a second full commentator team. So when you start a game you’ll get one of the two teams. With 2k already having a third member guest drop in for every game, their audio for commentators blows Madden out of the water.

Last edited by lions2k9; 10-27-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2020, 10:54 AM   #12
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA2K/sta...91439657472011

They added a second full commentator team. So when you start a game you’ll get one of the two teams. With 2k already have a third member guest drop in for every game, their audio for commentators blows Madden out of the water.

Yeah i think they said in that video that they have 30 guest commentators that will randomly drop in for games. That's nuts. FIFA has multiple English commentary teams and teams in various languages as well. Madden has Charles Davis who is easily one of the worst commentators in football right now. Dude seems like a nice guy, but he is clueless on Sunday broadcasts. And their live commentary thing lasted what, like 2 years? Where has that been recently?

All this to say... expectations for Madden are always set low because they don't care. It's like COD, they're going to make stupid money off mtx no matter how crappy the game is so they don't even try anymore.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah i think they said in that video that they have 30 guest commentators that will randomly drop in for games. That's nuts. FIFA has multiple English commentary teams and teams in various languages as well. Madden has Charles Davis who is easily one of the worst commentators in football right now. Dude seems like a nice guy, but he is clueless on Sunday broadcasts. And their live commentary thing lasted what, like 2 years? Where has that been recently?

All this to say... expectations for Madden are always set low because they don't care. It's like COD, they're going to make stupid money off mtx no matter how crappy the game is so they don't even try anymore.
I agree. It would be nice if Madden would just add a sideline reporter. 2k now has two different sideline reporters.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #14
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
I agree. It would be nice if Madden would just add a sideline reporter. 2k now has two different sideline reporters.

It's funny to hear the 2K team talk about how many possibilities the new consoles create and then we see the next gen EA trailer from June where sidelines are the same as current gen - empty and generic.

2K seems to just have a better team as well. The fact that it is taking the Madden devs 3 months just to release a tiny Franchise update is mindblowing. Everyone refers to that mid-November update like it's this benchmark for the game where we'll know if it's worth buying, but I don't think people honestly remember how little EA is including in that Franchise update. It's stuff that should be taking them a couple weeks to release, not multiple months.

All that to say, if it takes them that long to implement tiny improvements, why would anyone expect next gen to be ground breaking? The current dev team has proven their ability and it's honestly just not good enough to keep pace with games like 2K that actually push videogames forward.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
It's funny to hear the 2K team talk about how many possibilities the new consoles create and then we see the next gen EA trailer from June where sidelines are the same as current gen - empty and generic.

2K seems to just have a better team as well. The fact that it is taking the Madden devs 3 months just to release a tiny Franchise update is mindblowing. Everyone refers to that mid-November update like it's this benchmark for the game where we'll know if it's worth buying, but I don't think people honestly remember how little EA is including in that Franchise update. It's stuff that should be taking them a couple weeks to release, not multiple months.

All that to say, if it takes them that long to implement tiny improvements, why would anyone expect next gen to be ground breaking? The current dev team has proven their ability and it's honestly just not good enough to keep pace with games like 2K that actually push videogames forward.
I can’t disagree with you here. The franchise updates are bogus if the first update is any indication of what they’re adding. By the time all the updates are in the nfl regular season will be over. I played the trial and extended trial of madden and I’m glad I didn’t purchase this year. I’m holding out hope for M22 on next gen where it seems more focus will be on franchise mode, plus their small additions through updates this year. Hopefully it will be enough and they’ll surprise us with some real innovation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #16
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
I can’t disagree with you here. The franchise updates are bogus if the first update is any indication of what they’re adding. By the time all the updates are in the nfl regular season will be over. I played the trial and extended trial of madden and I’m glad I didn’t purchase this year. I’m holding out hope for M22 on next gen where it seems more focus will be on franchise mode, plus their small additions through updates this year. Hopefully it will be enough and they’ll surprise us with some real innovation.

I wish I was as smart as you lol. I played the trial and got psyched about the game so i bought it but lost all interest after 50 hours or so in the game and haven't touched it since september. It just isn't good enough to be worth my time this year. I'm hoping for a next gen boost this year to give it a little juice but my expectations are extremely low. Hopefully next year will be a good year. Madden 15 was an insane improvement over M25 on current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »