Home

How do you guys run your team

This is a discussion on How do you guys run your team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How do you guys run your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
What I really want to do is move Becton from LT to RT. Even though in real life hes a stud LT hes so big to me hes the perfect RT. Especially cause I mostly like to run right.

Dude...are you in any way exploiting the game by moving Mekhi to RT?

Here is the answer, no, you aren't. Does the move make sense? 100% yes it does...provided you have a viable replacement at LT. In my Jets chise, I have him at LT because I signed Orlando Brown to play RT...if I didn't get Brown, I probably would've moved him over at some point...because he really IS a great fit there.

IMO, you're blurring the line between "realism" and "non-exploitative behavior". Madden's franchise has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT SET of dynamics than real life. In my opinion, focus on what makes sense in the context of the franchise mode's environment - that is FAR more realistic than trying to run things through the lens of "mimicking real life".

My snarkier response...do you REALLY want to mimic ANYTHING the real life Jets have done?
Old 10-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Dude...are you in any way exploiting the game by moving Mekhi to RT?

Here is the answer, no, you aren't. Does the move make sense? 100% yes it does...provided you have a viable replacement at LT. In my Jets chise, I have him at LT because I signed Orlando Brown to play RT...if I didn't get Brown, I probably would've moved him over at some point...because he really IS a great fit there.

IMO, you're blurring the line between "realism" and "non-exploitative behavior". Madden's franchise has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT SET of dynamics than real life. In my opinion, focus on what makes sense in the context of the franchise mode's environment - that is FAR more realistic than trying to run things through the lens of "mimicking real life".

My snarkier response...do you REALLY want to mimic ANYTHING the real life Jets have done?
No you are totally right. I want to make a few "realisitic" changes that I would make as a coach. Especially cause I play as a custom coach. So want to run my own playbook and scheme.

I think its just a matter of getting my ocd of having to run my team the same way the real life Jets do even if I am coach. I really dont like Gases playbooks.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #11
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

OVR: 0

I use custom playbooks and try to find a scheme that best fit the playbook that I am using. If the scheme I want to run doesn’t fit the players I use it anyways and build my team around the type of offense and defense I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2020, 02:03 PM   #12
MVP

I would love to use custom playbooks but the whole out of order issue kills it for me
Old 10-29-2020, 05:27 PM   #13
Rookie

this is always in the works for me. constantly throwing things at the dart board
Old 10-30-2020, 02:16 PM   #14
Pro

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

How do I run my team....right into the ground.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:22 PM   #15
MVP

so basically the consenus is as long as its not cheating everyone will use any playbook or scheme as well as move players to any position that they might be better at as long as its not cheesy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #16
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

Vertical Power Run scheme. I still draft fast RB because you can better turn an already fast RB into a power back than vice versa. I draft power OL guys, too for the same reasoning. Only two of them have to become better pass protectors. I like drafting huge DL to play a base 3-4 defense, too. I draft the fastest Man CB's that I can get and hope for awareness to build fast, but if not, it's fine because having Man types allows better competition. It's higher risk/reward every game, I guess. It just works out for me. Also, despite my scheme, I use NE, NO, LV playbooks mostly. I prefer to run I formation over singleback, but also most runs out of the Gun are tolerable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »