Home

Do you guys do every move your team does in real life

This is a discussion on Do you guys do every move your team does in real life within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Do you guys do every move your team does in real life

Im 3 games into my Jets season and we started before the Jets cut Leveon. Being dads its hard for us to find time to play so thats why we are only 3 games in. We considered restarting just to move Leveon to the chiefs but it took us a while to start to begin with so the idea of starting all over again is torture. DO most people play out the season then would get rid of Leveon or does it not matter and would keep him since your franchise is your own little word?

Thanks for the opinions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #2
Pro

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you guys do every move your team does in real life

Once you start it up it is your own world. I do not bother with trying to match anything that happens in real life. It is my universe and I am supreme overlord of it.

Seriously though it is too hard to match up every little transaction a team does in real life versus any game. The above is how I handle all my games.

Currently Playing:
Ghost of Tsushima
MLB 20 The Show
Red Dead Redemption 2

Twitter
Twitch
Old 10-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Im 3 games into my Jets season and we started before the Jets cut Leveon. Being dads its hard for us to find time to play so thats why we are only 3 games in. We considered restarting just to move Leveon to the chiefs but it took us a while to start to begin with so the idea of starting all over again is torture. DO most people play out the season then would get rid of Leveon or does it not matter and would keep him since your franchise is your own little word?

Thanks for the opinions
In our League, we do most moves it not every move. Definitely the signicant ones. Just feels lame playing with guys not on our teams anymore. Or playing while guys are missing. We even waited to start our League until they put Clowney on Tennessee.
You don't really HAVE to start over if you want to get Bell on the Chiefs. Trade him there for a 7th rd pick? Or even temporarily edit his ratings to be great, then once you're able to get him traded, set him back to his original ratings. I doubt guys in your League would too bothered over you accumulating a 7th RD pick versus you guys starting over, right? And there's still ways to even give them back their 7th too if you wanted to dig further into tricks.

Last edited by steelheat226; 10-29-2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 10-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheat226
In our League, we do most moves it not every move. Definitely the signicant ones. Just feels lame playing with guys not on our teams anymore. Or playing while guys are missing. We even waited to start our League until they put Clowney on Tennessee.
You don't really HAVE to start over if you want to get Bell on the Chiefs. Trade him there for a 7th rd pick? Or even temporarily edit his ratings to be great, then once you're able to get him traded, set him back to his original ratings. I doubt guys in your League would too bothered over you accumulating a 7th RD pick versus you guys starting over, right? And there's still ways to even give them back their 7th too if you wanted to dig further into tricks.

Well when we started a played our first games he then got released. I have this OCD about making transactions during the season so I had no problem about making the move after the season and putting him on the chiefs. I mean theoretically he did start the season on the Jets and if they didnt cut him during the season he was def gonna be a gonner after. It's really just my OCD but then again like everyone says I should get over trying to control everything and mimic real life. It's our own little world.

Do you guys also only play with your teams playbooks and run their schemes or do you run anyplaybook you want and scheme you want. For example if your team plays a 3-4 in real life but you want to run a 4-3. The only rule we have is you cant play with another teams playbook. If you want to switch playbooks with your custom coach thats fine but it has to be one of the generics
Old 10-29-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

As the league is started, it's in a different world.

I guess you will still sign FA, do you own trades, draft your own guys, resign (or not) your guys,... So all that leads you to a different situation at least after a few weeks in your league.

That's at least when you're planning to play multiple seasons in CFM. If your goal is only to replicate the current league and stay within this 1 NFL year, then it makes sense probably to replicate the most important moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

No. You could be in year 3 while the NFL is still in the current year. Why are you trying to mimic something that is several years behind your league ? Especially when players have retired or have signed with different teams and have been traded already.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
Pro

NYJin2011tm's Arena

No, itís my own world!
Old 10-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #8
MVP

No we play multiple seasons and even have rules of not being allowed to sign any free agents. are teams developing is fully based on us drafting well and developing the player.

so basically the consensus is nobody would restart just to make a move that was accurate when you started?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »