Home

OPINION: What would make Madden 21 FEEL Next Gen?

This is a discussion on OPINION: What would make Madden 21 FEEL Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OPINION: What would make Madden 21 FEEL Next Gen?

Realism and appropriate control/customization is it for me. I posted a whole list on the reddit thread.

REAL LIFE STUFF NOT IN THE GAME:
* Add likenesses of real NFL referees (MLB The Show has umpire names & likeness, why not Madden?)
* Tons of missing player-specific celebrations
* No referees on the field in general
* No "Holder" Position for field goals, No LS or Gunner Positions
* No authentic fan reactions after scores, big plays, etc. / no cut-scenes featuring fans
* No player/fan interactions after scores
* No sideline reporting or injury updates
* No pre-halftime or post-halftime recap on coach's assessment of their team/possible adjustments
* No halftime show with analysts assessing the game and possible adjustments from each team
* No cheerleaders
* No red challenge flag
* STILL no DL stunts and no back shoulder fade passes
* Can't truly squib kick, "bloop-kick" over the onside kick team, drop-kick or pooch-punt
* Inability to hit a sliding QB for a penalty.
* No scuffles between players after any late hits, no reactions at all, actually from any coaches or players.
* No coaches or players arguing with the ref
* No blue tent for injured players, and trainers are never seen working with injured players. Players aren't on the bike or anything.
* Players badly hurt are never seen being carted off or even helped off the field by trainers
* No measurements happening on plays close to the 1st down marker
* No "in-booth view" like you see on TV of the broadcast team, OC/DC for some teams, or GM or Owner in the suite watching.
* To the point above, you often see GM/Owner shaking their head in games going badly or after key injuries, or vice versa celebrating big wins. This absolutely should be in Madden to add more realism.

OUT OF GAME IMMERSION (OFF FIELD STUFF NOT IN THE GAME)
* Ability to sign OC/DC/Position Coaches and/or name them HC
* RFAs, ERFAs, and coach contracts are not in the game
* Compensatory picks are not in the game
* Contract restructuring is not in the game.
* Salary cap constraints have no affect on CPU teams. I've seen a team $20 million over that I can't trade with because it'll "put them over the cap" but they already are... They should not be able to play or simulate a game without their roster being fixed and cap compliant.

CUSTOMIZATION
* Cannot design plays / create your own playbook with them to use in Franchise or other modes.
* Cannot customize your QB throwing motion or placekicker's kicking stance
* Cannot customize your coaches equipment or likeness (many coaches wear hats, etc)

PRESENTATION
* Obviously the Super Bowl and AFC/NFC Championship victories need to feel WAY more powerful and meaningful.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:03 AM   #50
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestinclassbro
* Inability to hit a sliding QB for a penalty.
* No scuffles between players after any late hits, no reactions at all, actually from any coaches or players.
* No blue tent for injured players, and trainers are never seen working with injured players. Players aren't on the bike or anything.
* Players badly hurt are never seen being carted off or even helped off the field by trainers
The NFL will never allow that stuff to be in the game.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:01 AM   #51
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Things I would love to see Madden. People have mentioned new physics system in this thread I agree with that. My additions are as follows, more detailed commentary, better injury system, weekly tv show, and dynamic weather. I briefly explained all of these in my Madden wishlist for new consoles thread.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 03:46 PM   #52
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

Would love to see CFM incorporate an actual monthly calendar to progress through. Give us the opportunity to customize game prep Monday-Friday, give the team a day off to get healthy/rest up. Also would love to see injuries incorporated into the weekly prep routine. I want to see guys listed as probable, questionable, doubtful and out as the week progresses on. Maybe you have a player listed as questionable all week and it takes up until Saturday before you know how his ratings will be affected for Sundays game. Then you have the option to list them as active or out. Injury management is a major factor in the NFL and has little impact on Madden currently.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Preview of NG coming here Weds.

I noticed this on Twitter today:

This Wednesday I’ll have my
@EAMaddenNFL
#NextGen preview up on
@OperationSports

Spent over an hour with it today and will throw up some pretty cool info for what has changed and what is new.

There is a reason they’re quiet...and it’s a good reason. Sadly, I can say no more at this stage

So, we wait.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:29 PM   #54
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

There is a reason they’re quiet...and it’s a good reason. Sadly, I can say no more at this stage

So, we wait.
So does it sound like it's a positive or negative.. like good reason because its awesome or good reason why they have been quiet is because there is nothing new.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
So does it sound like it's a positive or negative.. like good reason because its awesome or good reason why they have been quiet is because there is nothing new.
I'm just the messenger and he wouldn't comment one way or the other with your question.

It's less than 48 hrs and the preview will be up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #56
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Lol, I originally read it as a positive but now I'm wondering the same thing. He did said he had some cool info, so I still took it as positive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »