Home

CPU incredible interception after last patch

This is a discussion on CPU incredible interception after last patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

chichoslg's Arena

OVR: 2
CPU incredible interceptions after last patch

Somebody is having the same issue? I was playing in AM with bad teams (Jaguars, Jets..)...loosing with very fun. All matches after patch CPU intercept me 4 or 5 times, most of them.. incredible and strange....flash movements, 2 or 3 rebounds after safety catch...one handed interception....its crazy and unplayable...

In the last season CPU intercept me 13 times, in the first 5 matches of the new season(after patch) they intercept me 20 times!!!

Last edited by chichoslg; 11-17-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU incredible interceptions after last patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichoslg
Somebody is having the same issue? I was playing in AM with bad teams (Jaguars, Jets..)...loosing with very fun. All matches after patch CPU intercept me 4 or 5 times, most of them.. incredible and strange....flash movements, 2 or 3 rebounds after safety catch...one handed interception....its crazy and unplayable...

In the last season CPU intercept me 13 times, in the first 5 matches of the new season(after patch) they intercept me 20 times!!!
Only issue I have seen in 3 franchise games is one time, I am the Browns playing the Texans, I have OBJ running a crossing route about 8 yards from the line of scrimmage. The MLB is dropped back in a zone about 5 yards deeper than OBJ who has cleared this zone and heading toward the right flats area with nobody covering him. I am not under pressure at all and I push right on the stick to lead OBJ into the open area as to make him not break stride. However the pass is throw directly to the middle linebacker who is now basically right in front of me but 15 yds away....it was late in the game when I was winning and it felt like a little scripted logic.

I have never had a pass so far off target. If anything I should have lead OBJ too far to the outside for an incompletion. Hopefully was a one time glitch. To be clear, I am ok with ratings making my throws inaccurate sometimes but I am not okay with them completely changing the direction that I threw it.

This was so bad I had to watch the replay and make sure there wasn't a receiver in that area that I "accidentally" pressed the wrong button to throw to. There wasn't anyone near that area to be the intended receiver. It was weird. Other than that....things have been good. I have not seen excessive interceptions so I am mostly relieved.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: CPU incredible interception after last patch

I'm back to seeing ridiculous interceptions on deep balls, that's really my only complaint when it comes to turnovers. Jumpball and 1 on 1 situations downfield end in an interception far too often.

Yesterday I had a MLB turn and run on a dead sprint 40 yards downfield with my 97 speed WR, and make an amazing leaping interception in traffic. Seems like EA tweaked this to combat how easy it's been to throw deep. It was like this a few patches ago, I hope they get rid of it again soon.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-17-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: CPU incredible interceptions after last patch

Yes I am seeing this. Threw nine picks in a recent game (a personal record afaik) and then threw six more in the last game I played. This is happening on very user-friendly settings and I’ve been playing NCAA and Madden for 20+ years. Seems lame af.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »