Home

All-Madden Makes Your Players Worse

This is a discussion on All-Madden Makes Your Players Worse within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All-Madden Makes Your Players Worse

When I went up from All-Pro to All-Madden for more of a challenge this year, I noticed that the AI doesn't get better... it makes your players worse.

Case in point: I have a WR with 92 Catching, 89 Catch In Traffic, 83 Spec Catch. Sliders have WR Catching up to 60.

In my first two games this season, he has 17 drops. SEVENTEEN. As a whole my team has 30. Through two games with WR Catching at 60.

Now, most of those are the Michael Jordan Drops, where when a receiver can catch the ball, he instead leaps 8 feet straight up in slow motion, allowing every defender within his zip code to hit him, even though there was only one player near him when I threw the ball, but that's been an issue since Madden 18 at least. Those also account for all of my interceptions (3) when the ball ricochets off the WR 30 yards in the other direction for an easy pick.

So I'm at a bit of a loss. I want the passing game to be challenging, and I'm glad Smash routes aren't instant 40 yards gained this year. But I'm not sure what to do to complete passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2020, 11:29 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: All-Madden Makes Your Players Worse

I play on all madden (Mike Lowe's Sliders) and I don't have that problem. Sounds like you're throwing way too many jump balls or using spec grabs too much. Try using more possession and RAC catches. Also you have to play smarter football. Checkdown more and not force a lot of passes. If a player has that many drops, it sounds like he's being left out to dry more often as a receiver.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2020, 11:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I play on all madden (Mike Lowe's Sliders) and I don't have that problem. Sounds like you're throwing way too many jump balls or using spec grabs too much. Try using more possession and RAC catches. Also you have to play smarter football. Checkdown more and not force a lot of passes. If a player has that many drops, it sounds like he's being left out to dry more often as a receiver.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I mean, I'm throwing bullet passes since most of the routes are either Smash or Slants, but for some reason, the bullet passes are 6 feet above the WR. I also don't take manual control of the WR since I never got used to the timing between when you press square and you make a RAC, or when you press square and they dive for the ball.

But as far as the WR goes, he's had at least five "open but dropped without contact" plays, which considering his stats and the sliders seems really off.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:06 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Just to chime in with regards to the difficulty levels, All-Madden does in fact boost the CPU players' ratings and does do some things to hurt the Human players. Every other difficulty level below All Madden boosts the User's attributes. We were always 99% sure this was the case in the past, but thanks to modding on the PC we were able to confirm that the last couple of years. Unless EA randomly changed their approach, then it's probably safe to say Madden 21 is no different and All-Madden does boost CPU abbilities while nerfing User abilities.

― Plato
Old 11-03-2020, 01:09 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Just to chime in with regards to the difficulty levels, All-Madden does in fact boost the CPU players' ratings and does do some things to hurt the Human players. Every other difficulty level below All Madden boosts the User's attributes. We were always 99% sure this was the case in the past, but thanks to modding on the PC we were able to confirm that the last couple of years. Unless EA randomly changed their approach, then it's probably safe to say Madden 21 is no different and All-Madden does boost CPU abbilities while nerfing User abilities.

That makes sense. I guess I'll go back to All-Pro, and turn the sliders towards helping the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2020, 03:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
I mean, I'm throwing bullet passes since most of the routes are either Smash or Slants, but for some reason, the bullet passes are 6 feet above the WR. I also don't take manual control of the WR since I never got used to the timing between when you press square and you make a RAC, or when you press square and they dive for the ball.

But as far as the WR goes, he's had at least five "open but dropped without contact" plays, which considering his stats and the sliders seems really off.

Think you described your problem here already. The majority of routes shouldn't be slants or smash routes, try to incorporate all kinds of short, intermediate and deep routes. That will be needed on All Madden and you will develop a lot while improving that area.

Especially possession catches are a huge weapon, at least in critical situations. WR aren't that aware of the situation and you can save a lot of knock outs, drops oder catches out of bounds with possession catches.

I would recommend going back to All-Pro, but work on these things above. If you feel confident, go to All-Madden again if you want.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:08 AM   #7
Rookie

You need to learn how to RAC catch for sure. It’s hard throwing bombs all the way up the field, key is short passes into the hands of your shiftiest receivers and get them running in the open.

I would recommend watching CoachDC 404 on YouTube also. He’s got a couple great videos on lead passing. I probably cut my interceptions on AM in half just by using left stick to put the ball where my receiver can catch and RAC, rather than fight 1 on 1.

Last tip would be to use long passes sparingly. Good for 2nd and 2 situations. Play Action is best for me personally, if you have a fast WR1 who can run a vert with a double move to make the CB or S flat footed, you can hit the occasional bomb.

The best thing I did was to literally just to Free Train for one hour to learn how to lead pass and RAC catch. Without using them, AM is a serious struggle. Either that or just run the ball 100% of the time
Old 11-03-2020, 07:46 AM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Yea All Madden still cheats too much for my taste. It’s not as bad as it used to be but it’s still there. I’m perfectly OK with All Pro with sliders that help CPU. I get good challenging games that can go either way mostly with occasional blowouts on either side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »