Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.15 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.15 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 11:51 PM   #17
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.15 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Every gameplay adjustment seems universal now as honestly there’s no longer an open channel for Sim Play Style gameplay adjustments as this play style consist mostly of Franchise gamers whether online leagues or offline solo.

There are several gameplay mechanisms that affect the game across the board, esp as it relates to AI impacts.

Usery means less AI impact upon gameplay which most updates if you reread are geared towards greater User focus/outcomes (ie Stick Skills).

Many of the “new” gameplay aspects basically have been reverted to levels where they’re not as visible or impactful.
- Pass Rush
- COD rating impact
- Throw Trajectories
- AI QB uniqueness/Play Differentiation
- Player Archetypes
- Stretched Ratings Scale

There’s a pattern each update seems to follow and it’s usually not in the Sim Play Styles best interest.
This is what makes me sick about Madden. I'm by no means an EA basher, nor have I ever been. I've bought every Madden since 2002. I loved this game as a kid on the PS2. It was my favorite thing in the world. I still enjoy playing Madden. But, each year I grow increasingly disappointed with EA's focus and what has become of what once was a fun, but incredibly deep, smooth, and realistic football game for its time.

It seems every year they implement the new sim features perfectly at launch and then nerf them to non-existence by the midpoint of the season. It's atrocious.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 11-05-2020, 07:39 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Terrible patch

Madden is the only game where comp players actually prefer lower skill to win.

Interceptions SHOULD be dropped more often. What’s the point of a catch rating if every player catches the same?

We saw last year that the champ didnt even bother passing because interceptions were too easy.

And whytf would you lower the effect of pressures? That’s the entire goal of a defense when playing QBs. You dont like being pressured? Invest in your O-line or make actual reads and get the ball out quickly.

The hand holding by the devs is incredibly disappointing.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #19
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Re: Title update scheduled for tomorrow. Franchise update scheduled for later this mo

Don’t care anymore..game is ruined
Old 11-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Kraelo said 1st title update for Franchise will be out mid November, should be a blog about it next week. He also mentioned that customization for mouthpieces will be coming soon, so we will be able to edit them when we edit our players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #21
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Title update scheduled for tomorrow. Franchise update scheduled for later this mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
...meanwhile NBA 2K drops another absolute BOMB for next gen. Madden looks worse and worse every day. They can't even get their next gen game out on time and 2K is over here re-creating their entire game and adding tons of new modes. This is getting embarrassing for EA.
Yeah it's pretty insane to be honest. It's clear T2/2k and Visual Concepts, despite not having another NBA title to compete against, see Madden as their primary competition. The hate that they have for EA is almost tangible and it is clearly driving their aggressiveness towards developing next-gen NBA 2k21. I couldn't fathom what they'd have done if they were still able to make an NFL sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 11:12 AM   #22
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Full patch notes:

http://x.ea.com/66362
Old 11-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #23
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Can someone test formation subs to see if changes you make save now?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »