Home

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Here (Update #2 Arrives in January)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Here (Update #2 Arrives in January) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Cut them a break. They are continuing to support M21 with COVID, Next gen, they are probably busy. Sure M21 is a marginal game compared to others but they are working on it.

The good thing about the franchise fix is that it will carry over into M22. I am not excusing EA for putting out M21 in the shape it is but they are trying.

Hard to cut them a break when COVID-19 has only interfered with part of the production of Madden 21. Let's not forget, Franchise has been missing basic features much longer than COVID has been around. They said they heard franchise players over the summer, and 5 months later this is what they think players wanted.

It is what it is, but what it is not is a "cut break".

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 11-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
It's tiny. It shouldn't have taken 3 months for this. Announcing this with what 2K has been doing has to be embarrassing for them. But it is what it is.

Most concerning thing is that their definition of AI Personnel Logic Updates has changed since their original blog post (https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ise-update-8-3)

Originally they said... "AI PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT - The AI will make better team management decisions in the draft, free agency and trades."

Now they say the updates will ONLY apply to QB's in the draft... What in the world. Most of us expect to get lied to by EA with their track record in these Gridiron Notes, but cmon now. That's just crazy.

And before someone hops in with "oh this is only the 2nd of their 3 updates"... yeah i know, but if it's taking them 6 months to only address a very tiny issue with QB's, how are they going to update all other positions in all other scenarios outside of that tiny little one that they're taking 3 months to address?
I don't have a pony in this race, but were you expecting a overhaul for three months? I haven't played the game in over two months, but I knew, based on the August blog what was forthcoming in three months. Anything more expected is on each individual. No way is coaching carousel and implementing assistant coaches arriving in Madden 21. I would expect that for next gen Madden 21 or 22, though, if they continue on their mantra of adding to FM.

As far as the Personnel Logic goes, I didn't find this line to be QB centric, but I could be wrong on this too: Addresses teams drafting two first round QBs in consecutive years, along with other roster-context considerations

I do understand where you are coming from, though.

PS: Depends on what "cut a break" definition is on a individual basis. From the blog in August, are they delivering what they noted in August for the first update?

Last edited by roadman; 11-10-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #11
Pro

So basically, they flipped a switch and turned on some features available in other game modes, and added a playoff bracket. Oh, and don't forget the "tuning".

The playoff bracket and player card info can legit be argued as a presentational upgrades to franchise mode, so I'll take it. These other items though, c'mon...these aren't "franchise" features, these are things already in the game that they toggled a switch on. How many times have we seen DEV trait tuning in patch notes?

Ah, well. Is what it is. I didn't buy it this year anyway, so who cares at this point lol I'll wait for The Show to release on Xbox. That still in 2021?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't have a pony in this race, but were you expecting a overhaul for three months? I haven't played the game in over two months, but I knew, based on the August blog what was forthcoming in three months. Anything more expected is on each individual. No way is coaching carousel and implementing assistant coaches arriving in Madden 21. I would expect that for next gen Madden 21 or 22, though, if they continue on their mantra of adding to FM.

As far as the Personnel Logic goes, I didn't find this line to be QB centric, but I could be wrong on this too: Addresses teams drafting two first round QBs in consecutive years, along with other roster-context considerations

I do understand where you are coming from, though.

PS: Depends on what "cut a break" definition on a individual basis. From the blog in August, are they delivering what they noted in August for the first update?

I'm not sure anyone expecting anything different from the blog in August, but the issue was the blog in August lol From the time they came out with that video saying "we hear you" to now, it's 5 months. Basically half of a dev cycle. And in half of a dev cycle, we got a bracket, some X-factor stuff that is already in the game, and some "tuning". How many times have we heard they have fixed cpu draft logic? But I'm sure it works now because, hey, they listened and spent 5 whole months on it.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm not sure anyone expecting anything different from the blog in August, but the issue was the blog in August lol From the time they came out with that video saying "we hear you" to now, it's 5 months. Basically half of a dev cycle. And in half of a dev cycle, we got a bracket, some X-factor stuff that is already in the game, and some "tuning". How many times have we heard they have fixed cpu draft logic? But I'm sure it works now because, hey, they listened and spent 5 whole months on it.

If you said in August it was pitiful what they were coming out with, that's fine. August blog till now is 3 months, is my math wrong?

Planning stage after #fixfranchise- Ask community for what they would like to see in FM

Decision stage- Developing a plan and a timeline for what community wants are and how to fit it in.

August blog- Telling community what to expect in 3 months.

I'm similar to you, haven't touched the game in 2 months, but yeah, I was going from the blog, 3 months.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #14
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you said in August it was pitiful what they were coming out with, that's fine. August blog till now is 3 months, is my math wrong?

Planning stage after #fixfranchise- Ask community for what they would like to see in FM

Decision stage- Developing a plan and a timeline for what community wants are and how to fit it in.

August blog- Telling community what to expect in 3 months.

I'm similar to you, haven't touched the game in 2 months, but yeah, I was going from the blog, 3 months.

As i said in my other post, we knew from when they announced this update that it was going to be very small. It doesn't change that it's a lame effort from them. Yeah they took 3 months to deliver a tiny little update. I'm not patting them on the back for keeping their word there.

I do have a major issue with their plans for January and how they're not keeping their word with the AI Roster Management. That paragraph about the Jan update only addresses QB in the draft and young QB on the roster so teams won't draft another one. That's a tiny tiny tiny aspect of ONE position in the whole game. How are they going to fulfill their promise to update AI Roster management this cycle if it's taking them 6 months to make that tiny little adjustment?
Old 11-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #15

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Again, not sure what we were expecting in 3 months. This is a company that did nothing with franchise and then when they got called out on it, scrambled to add what they are releasing tomorrow.

So what you see tomorrow is step one of 3 months of work. Remember, they would have to move resources to do this and in software (I'm in the biz), this screws up timelines.

Again, I'm not defending EA and based on what I saw with VC did with NBA2K and what Sony does with MLB, Madden is significantly not on par with those titles.

What I am stating is that they could have done nothing, added this stuff to M22 (which they will) and moved on.

Hopefully, and this is a big hope, they start to listen to the community and put out a game that my 9 year old clearly sees is not the same product as NBA and MLB.

@Philly Yes, agreed. It's silly when you see the Cardianls draft a QB in round 1. That's inexcusable franchise programming.

Last edited by ChicagoChris; 11-10-2020 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 12:29 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
As i said in my other post, we knew from when they announced this update that it was going to be very small. It doesn't change that it's a lame effort from them. Yeah they took 3 months to deliver a tiny little update. I'm not patting them on the back for keeping their word there.

I do have a major issue with their plans for January and how they're not keeping their word with the AI Roster Management. That paragraph about the Jan update only addresses QB in the draft and young QB on the roster so teams won't draft another one. That's a tiny tiny tiny aspect of ONE position in the whole game. How are they going to fulfill their promise to update AI Roster management this cycle if it's taking them 6 months to make that tiny little adjustment?
I agree with you if you said lame effort in August, but in August, I thought most of the feedback was, ok, I hope they deliver on what they said. I looked at that blog and said, ok, let's see if they deliver, lame or not.

As far as the Personnel Logic you are referring to, the only question I have is this line:

(along with other roster-context considerations) ,besides the QB centric you are referring to.

Agree with CC above me.

Last edited by roadman; 11-10-2020 at 12:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »