Home

Traits Decreasing

This is a discussion on Traits Decreasing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Traits Decreasing

Has anyone else noticed that after the season a lot of players losing their development traits. Example being a 99 overall OLB who won LB of the year went from being a SSEX all the down to a star. Had it happen to a Corner as well who won DB of the year had his trait increase to SS and then decreased back down to star after I progressed over to the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Traits Decreasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr44
Has anyone else noticed that after the season a lot of players losing their development traits. Example being a 99 overall OLB who won LB of the year went from being a SSEX all the down to a star. Had it happen to a Corner as well who won DB of the year had his trait increase to SS and then decreased back down to star after I progressed over to the off season.

I had Calais Campbell regress from X factor to star in one season but age will do that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Yup, the patch update is working beautifully.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Has anyone figured out the criteria for trait decreases?
Old 11-18-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolden05
Has anyone figured out the criteria for trait decreases?
Officially, no.

But age and performance seem to be two factors (as well as low OVRs for higher dev players).

I was going into year 5 of my Jets CFM and went through the "purge". A couple of examples:

CJ Mosley: turning 33, had not only a significant ratings drop (as to be expected) but he dropped from an XF to Star

Chris Herndon: had gotten him up to SS Dev on the basis of a great season the year prior. He slumped badly in year 4 and dropped from SS to Star.

An undrafted QB I have been following. Third year in the league (one of those late round hidden dev guys) with star dev. Rating still in the 60s, never started a game, lost his star dev trait and went to normal.

These are obviously anecdotal situations; but it might offer a flavor. Depending on how far along you are in CFM, the changes may be more or less extreme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Officially, no.

But age and performance seem to be two factors (as well as low OVRs for higher dev players).

I was going into year 5 of my Jets CFM and went through the "purge". A couple of examples:

CJ Mosley: turning 33, had not only a significant ratings drop (as to be expected) but he dropped from an XF to Star

Chris Herndon: had gotten him up to SS Dev on the basis of a great season the year prior. He slumped badly in year 4 and dropped from SS to Star.

An undrafted QB I have been following. Third year in the league (one of those late round hidden dev guys) with star dev. Rating still in the 60s, never started a game, lost his star dev trait and went to normal.

These are obviously anecdotal situations; but it might offer a flavor. Depending on how far along you are in CFM, the changes may be more or less extreme.
I had a 3rd year 88 ovr RB who was 2nd in RB of the year move from xfactor to SS. It was weird that he got 2 breakout scenarios to end last season to get to xfactor, then they just took it away.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolden05
I had a 3rd year 88 ovr RB who was 2nd in RB of the year move from xfactor to SS. It was weird that he got 2 breakout scenarios to end last season to get to xfactor, then they just took it away.

Yeah overall it doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason behind it. Both of the guys that I had it happen to were both in there mid to late 20’s that I spent a lot of time and resources in to get them to where they were and the hard work just went a way. If they stunk it up the year before I wouldn’t have had a problem with it, but they didn’t and still regressed. At the end of it I just put all their traits back and just turned off the dev trait regression slider.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #8
Rookie

Yeah the development traits are going crazy weird at the end of this season in my franchise.

I made it to the Super Bowl, two guys on my defence jumped from SS to X Factor just before the Super Bowl. The week after the Super Bowl they're both down to Star?

I've had a few good young players fall from Star down to Normal as well. I'd understand if it's an age thing or if it's backups who rarely play. But it seems entirely random - which I wouldn't have a big problem with if it was limited to one level of development fall at a time. But guys dropping from X factor down to Star seems too big. Unless it's all part of keeping the teams in the league somewhat level? Either way having some sort of clarification or a fix on this would be nice. Both guys who fell from X factor just before the Super Bowl down to Star development were both playing crazy good so if it's a form thing they've implemented that could be something cool that I'd definitely understand, but has anyone heard anything about this being the case?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »