Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2010
In game save?

I'm just getting back into video games and Madden after a 7 year hiatus. Bought a used ps4 and loving it so far!

Question...back in the day The Show used to have an in-game save option so I could play a few innings at a time, save, and comeback to pick up where I left off.

Does anyone know if Madden 21 on ps4 has this functionality? I haven't been able to find it but wanted to see if anyone here knew. Thanks!
cjhawk03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2003
Re: In game save?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhawk03
I'm just getting back into video games and Madden after a 7 year hiatus. Bought a used ps4 and loving it so far!

Question...back in the day The Show used to have an in-game save option so I could play a few innings at a time, save, and comeback to pick up where I left off.

Does anyone know if Madden 21 on ps4 has this functionality? I haven't been able to find it but wanted to see if anyone here knew. Thanks!
You just close out of Madden. Then, the next time you play Madden, it will ask you if you want to resume the previous game. If you don't finish the game at that time then you will lose the game.

One gripe I have, unlike The Show or NBA 2K, if you are playing with alternate uniforms, when you resume the game, it defaults both teams into their regular home and away uniforms. Also, a game in the rain, could be resumed in perfectly sunny weather.

It's good to have but I try not to use it unless I have to.'

Rick
icvu42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2019
Re: In game save?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icvu42
You just close out of Madden. Then, the next time you play Madden, it will ask you if you want to resume the previous game. If you don't finish the game at that time then you will lose the game.

One gripe I have, unlike The Show or NBA 2K, if you are playing with alternate uniforms, when you resume the game, it defaults both teams into their regular home and away uniforms. Also, a game in the rain, could be resumed in perfectly sunny weather.

It's good to have but I try not to use it unless I have to.'

Rick
I'm on a PS4. How do you close out of Madden? I'd worry that if I just press the PS button, the current state will not be saved. Is there a way to close out and have the data updated?
seven77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: In game save?

On PS4, you can go into standby mode. Press the PS button, then from the Dynamic Menu's Home Screen, press UP on the d-pad to bring up the Function Screen. Then select [Power] from the function screen (all the way to the right), and choose [Enter Standby Mode].


When you turn your ps4 back on, you can select Madden, and it will resume the game exactly as you left it. I usually pause Madden at the stats screen before I go into standby mode.
bbgeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:05 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2019
Re: In game save?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgeek
On PS4, you can go into standby mode. Press the PS button, then from the Dynamic Menu's Home Screen, press UP on the d-pad to bring up the Function Screen. Then select [Power] from the function screen (all the way to the right), and choose [Enter Standby Mode].


When you turn your ps4 back on, you can select Madden, and it will resume the game exactly as you left it. I usually pause Madden at the stats screen before I go into standby mode.
I get it... you go into standby rather than, for example, turning off the console. Recent changes have not yet been saved. With the Madden game "suspended", you can go back to it, finish what you were doing, then save. Thanks!

One more thing, how do you get to the stats screen during a game?
seven77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 07:42 AM   #6
Rookie
 
Cory Levy's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2010
Re: In game save?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven77
I get it... you go into standby rather than, for example, turning off the console. Recent changes have not yet been saved. With the Madden game "suspended", you can go back to it, finish what you were doing, then save. Thanks!

One more thing, how do you get to the stats screen during a game?
Press the Options Button (small, rectangular button to the right of touch pad on the controller) and that will bring up the in-game menu that will allow you to access instant replay, challenge if possible, change your depth chart, view the injury report, change settings, etc. There's a big panel that will have how the starting QBs are performing (can't miss it as it'll have their facial pictures on it). Scroll onto that and it'll display starting HB stats, starting WR stats on the top of the tile. Clicking X on that tile will take you into the whole box score and show all the stats.

Also, you do not have to put the console into stand by mode to enable an in-game save.

You can simply bring up the main in-game menu and click on the Exit tile (it says concede game). It will bring you all the way back to the main menu of the entire game. Clicking back on the 'Franchise' mode will bring up a screen asking if you want to continue playing that game you just left (you can either go back into the game or delete it and entering back into the franchise will place you before you started it). I believe this only works for Cloud franchises as Offline franchises will just bring you back into the franchise before you started the game.
__________________
"Pop-Tarts? Did you say you have Pop-Tarts?"
Cory Levy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,055
Re: In game save?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
I believe this only works for Cloud franchises as Offline franchises will just bring you back into the franchise before you started the game.
In offline franchise, you can just press the PS button to go to the system home screen, then Options -> Close Application to shut down Madden. When you launch Madden the next time and select to go into Franchise, it will ask you whether you wish to resume your game that was in progress. The same applies to a Play Now game if that's what you were doing last before closing.

The game saves after every completed play so you don't lose any progress.
mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Top -