Home

So... is it worth buying now?

This is a discussion on So... is it worth buying now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2020, 06:33 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: So... is it worth buying now?

It's much better than 20, but the last few patches have soured it a bit. It felt a lot better on release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2020, 07:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I pick it up every few weeks, try playing it again for a little bit, sigh, and put it back down. I think most on this board are into the game enough to obviously buy it every year. I know I am. And this is the first year I TRULY regret it.

If you're into MUT, you might not regret it (I don't know as I don't play it).

I personally don't think it's worth $15 for semi-updated rosters (less than usual since there'll be no likeness updates).
Old 11-27-2020, 08:23 PM   #27
Rookie

jay87's Arena

Yes, perhaps I need to be more specific:
As a franchise player, the game is certainly not worth the money.
The presentation has nothing more to do with what you see in a real NFL broadcast.
It's also really strange that the replays in m21 are so much worse - I haven't been able to finish a game because with all that stuff the whole game was ruined after a few minutes. All the time you see your coach or some graphics like "move da chains". But well, of course they can use it to better hype their new "next gen stats based" replays. And then there is this "WWE Style" intro before every game, which has been mentioned a couple of times before.

If you play MUT and like arcade style, then it might be worth the money.

Project: 100% NFL Simulation Football

TFG Roster, 2020 Franchise File, XP-Sliders, Itbeme's Revival Playbook Mod Extension & Simulation Gameplay Sliders

The 100% NFL Roster and Itbeme23's Simulation Sliders for Madden20 *BETA*

R.I.P Arthur Morgan
Old 11-27-2020, 09:25 PM   #28
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay87
Yes, perhaps I need to be more specific:
As a franchise player, the game is certainly not worth the money.
The presentation has nothing more to do with what you see in a real NFL broadcast.
It's also really strange that the replays in m21 are so much worse - I haven't been able to finish a game because with all that stuff the whole game was ruined after a few minutes. All the time you see your coach or some graphics like "move da chains". But well, of course they can use it to better hype their new "next gen stats based" replays. And then there is this "WWE Style" intro before every game, which has been mentioned a couple of times before.

If you play MUT and like arcade style, then it might be worth the money.

Yeah. Older GenX Madden gamer here. I used to get Madden only after checking out Electronic Gaming Monthly's videogame football reviews around July, then renting the various console versions to try myself before purchase (along with NFL2K & Sony's Gameday - and a couple seasons I actually would purchase all three since each game had it's pros and cons).

Then once the WWNFL/EA exclusive monopoly happened my Madden Season excitement has waned every year on the next gen consoles. A few solid efforts with my faves being: M08, M10, M12, and M25 (mainly due to it's connection with the great NCAA14), but nothing truly built upon since 2006. And as a Franchise only sim-football player, the past 5 years of Madden games offers so very little, and has had so many shoddily, lazily developed Day 1 unfinished product releases, that I have not bought a Madden product on release night (midnight was when I would go lol) since Madden 25.

November was usually the time of year I would purchase the modern EA/Madden product, months into patches, months into OS community slider set tests, and of course, a near 50% price drop for a product that just has not deserved a full triple A gaming price point in a very long time during the "patchwork development" era of triple A/always online releases.

But not this year, not after Madden 19 & 20, and not after #FixMaddenFranchise this past summer. I have more than enough football hobbies to keep me busy: season long and dynasty fantasy leagues, confidence and survival pick 'em pools, a crazy covid 2020 season in which my Raiders are looking like they can make some noise and have a possible 3 year window (even with Mahomes in division).

Yeah. I don't need you anymore EA & Madden, you became more of a fussy disappointment (instead of enjoyment) for nearly a full console gen. If Madden's Franchise Mode became truly immersive and fully customizable/controllable again I may come back to ya. But for now, no purchase from me, not even at the November half price drop I used to gave a chance too until this company makes a really good football videogame product for the franchise community again.

To quote Heath Ledger's "Joker" in TDK: "It's not about the moneeyyy, it's about leaving a message."

Last edited by kenchun24; 11-27-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: mispelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »