Home

Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2020, 01:19 AM   #73
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

I think we're talking about two different types of people.

The people who voted EA the worst company, and the people you use to read the room ie social media, those people are us. They are review bombers, they are the ones with an ax to grind from a consumer perspective. Those are the people it matters to.

The people who don't even play video games ie stock brokers, investors, those are the people that see the company as a good investment. Which it is. They don't care what the general gaming community thinks about EA and Madden or FIFA, or whatever. As long as those games continue to top sales charts and print money from UT, nothing any gamer or the gaming industry thinks matters.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:52 AM   #74
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

A fallacy in the argument that Madden only sells because of exclusive license is that not everyone feels it’s a bad game.

While contrary to popular opinion on OS, there are people who enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-28-2020, 08:23 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
A fallacy in the argument that Madden only sells because of exclusive license is that not everyone feels it’s a bad game.

While contrary to popular opinion on OS, there are people who enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
CB it’s damn good to see you man. How you been? I agree there are those who enjoy the game. That said outside of OS the general consensus on Madden is pretty negative. You ever look at reddit or YouTube comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 08:33 AM   #76
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchdidthis
CB it’s damn good to see you man. How you been? I agree there are those who enjoy the game. That said outside of OS the general consensus on Madden is pretty negative. You ever look at reddit or YouTube comments?
I'm good.

But OS, Reddit, and Youtube don't account for the entire consumer base that buys Madden. And there is likely some crossover of those who post on all three sites.

I don't know the number of copies that Madden has sold and I'm not going to look it up because it really doesn't matter, but let's just use a million copies sold. I have a hard time believing that a significant number of those million copies sold were to people who are severely disappointed in the game, but buy it anyways simply because its the latest/only NFL licensed game on the market.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:52 AM   #77
Rookie

jay87's Arena

We really talk about different things, I think that's the only problem.
But in the middle of #fixmaddenfranchise came this message some time ago. Also the shareholders are not really satisfied.
https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news/...exec-pay-plan/

Project: 100% NFL Simulation Football

TFG Roster, 2020 Franchise File, XP-Sliders, Itbeme's Revival Playbook Mod Extension & Simulation Gameplay Sliders

The 100% NFL Roster and Itbeme23's Simulation Sliders for Madden20 *BETA*

R.I.P Arthur Morgan
Old 11-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
I'm good.

But OS, Reddit, and Youtube don't account for the entire consumer base that buys Madden. And there is likely some crossover of those who post on all three sites.

I don't know the number of copies that Madden has sold and I'm not going to look it up because it really doesn't matter, but let's just use a million copies sold. I have a hard time believing that a significant number of those million copies sold were to people who are severely disappointed in the game, but buy it anyways simply because its the latest/only NFL licensed game on the market.
It's a snapshot CB (Youtube/Reddit/OS/Niketalk/Twitter) Most all the comments are negative, yet most ALL of us purchase the game. Let's face it, that NFL Shield is a goldmine. We are stuck with this product because we are stuck with only one choice. Thus we have to make due with what we have. No not everyone is disappointed with the game, a vast majority are though.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchdidthis
It's a snapshot CB (Youtube/Reddit/OS/Niketalk/Twitter) Most all the comments are negative, yet most ALL of us purchase the game. Let's face it, that NFL Shield is a goldmine. We are stuck with this product because we are stuck with only one choice. Thus we have to make due with what we have. No not everyone is disappointed with the game, a vast majority are though.
How do you determine a vast majority though? Because the comments on these social media sites are all negative? How many people are we talking on these social media accounts? 75% (750,000 people out of 1,000,000 buyers?) of the entire consumer base for Madden?

And could it be that those who are enjoying the game don't comment on these sites because they don't want to deal with the negativity and unfortunately sometimes ridicule for liking Madden.

And I'll never understand the mindset that I don't like it but I have to purchase it because its the only game in town. At the end of the day, all that matters to EA brass/Shareholders is the bottom line. To me, paying for a product you don't like and will get very little enjoyment out of is like me paying my employer to go to work.

Sales = success/quality product. The market is telling them that Madden is a good product that sells and thus earns revenue for the business.

Until sales significantly decline, I wouldn't expect a substantial change in the business model. And I don't foresee sales declining significantly, because I simply don't believe the "vast majority" of those who purchase Madden are that disappointed with it, and only buy because its the only licensed NFL game in town.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
How do you determine a vast majority though? Because the comments on these social media sites are all negative? How many people are we talking on these social media accounts? 75% (750,000 people out of 1,000,000 buyers?) of the entire consumer base for Madden?

And could it be that those who are enjoying the game don't comment on these sites because they don't want to deal with the negativity and unfortunately sometimes ridicule for liking Madden.

And I'll never understand the mindset that I don't like it but I have to purchase it because its the only game in town. At the end of the day, all that matters to EA brass/Shareholders is the bottom line. To me, paying for a product you don't like and will get very little enjoyment out of is like me paying my employer to go to work.

Sales = success/quality product. The market is telling them that Madden is a good product that sells and thus earns revenue for the business.

Until sales significantly decline, I wouldn't expect a substantial change in the business model. And I don't foresee sales declining significantly, because I simply don't believe the "vast majority" of those who purchase Madden are that disappointed with it, and only buy because its the only licensed NFL game in town.
I could whole heatedly be wrong CB. It's not really a "mind-set" though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »