Home

Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #89
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay87
Sorry, but you seem to know nothing about economic planning. Of course you can plan the profit in MUT, just look at the last years and make a projection.
I will leave this here also now, discussions with you seem to be quite senseless

I’m sorry I refuse to let you make **** up and pass it off as fact.

I’ll stop making you defend your unfounded “facts”

As for my understanding of economic planning, well let’s just say that I’m not naive enough to believe tgat a company is selling a product for no profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 11-28-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #90
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

Tough to judge games by sales and also social media or forums.

For one I would say the majority who post on social media, forums, youtube are doing it get their negative posts and complaints out there. It really skews the narrative. Most people content with the game have no need to post on twitter or youtube comment sections. That's why most companies offer some sort of incentive to fill out post purchase surveys. If they didnt mostly the negative ones would make it back to the store

As for sales. A lot of sales are parents buying them for the kids, regardless if they play them or not. Heck even I buy my son Madden every year for his own system on black Friday just so my mom can give it as a Christmas Present. He plays it for a few weeks and then it collects dust. Im sure others are the same way,,
Old 11-28-2020, 01:02 PM   #91
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is speculation based off of anecdotal evidence of similar mined people, i.e., a sort of echo chamber of people who dislike Madden.

A few thousand at best of the same people regurgitating the same talking points on forums and social media is not necessarily representative of the larger sentiment toward the game. It could be, but the truth is unknown despite any vociferous and relentless claims to the contrary.

If indeed millions of people need a licensed NFL football game so badly that they would buy and play a game that they actually don't like, then EA was definitely totally correct to get exclusivity, and should attempt to keep it in perpetuity.

I’m definitely not of the mindset that dislikes Madden. I enjoy Madden, but just because I enjoy it doesn’t mean a think it’s a good game. I think there are plenty of people who enjoy Madden but if there were a superior or even alternate option, they would choose to play that.

My point in saying everything leads back to the license is that there are plenty of people who play and purchase Madden who have not seen that there could be a better option. It’s just the ignorance of Madden being the only football video game they’ve been exposed to. For example, people who think the active sidelines couldn’t be added just because they haven’t been in Madden. I’m sure a large portion of Madden’s current fanbase weren’t exposed to other NFL games.

NBA Live is a great example. It was clearly the more successful product for years despite NBA 2k arguably being the better product. Eventually 2ks exposure to a larger audience caught up to Live’s and the superior product survived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #92
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
One’s enjoyment could also be tied to exclusive. I know people hate to hear it and discuss it, but everything can be lead back to the exclusive.

I’m not saying there isn’t a segment of the consumer base that buys the game simply for the NFL shield despite it not being the best representation of the sport in their opinion....

But I would need to see more concrete evidence, aside from social media sites, that it’s a vast majority as was stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-28-2020, 03:01 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Tough to judge games by sales and also social media or forums.

For one I would say the majority who post on social media, forums, youtube are doing it get their negative posts and complaints out there. It really skews the narrative. Most people content with the game have no need to post on twitter or youtube comment sections. That's why most companies offer some sort of incentive to fill out post purchase surveys. If they didnt mostly the negative ones would make it back to the store

As for sales. A lot of sales are parents buying them for the kids, regardless if they play them or not. Heck even I buy my son Madden every year for his own system on black Friday just so my mom can give it as a Christmas Present. He plays it for a few weeks and then it collects dust. I'm sure others are the same way,,
When people defend the game and pushback on the crap they post, they are placed on ignore for being disruptive. When people bash the game, mods spend time trying to understand them. And then we wonder why only the posts bashing the game are what we see.

Or maybe I'm the only one that didn't buy Madden during the last two gens, because It didn't like the games, but am buying them this gen because I find them fun.

So my take is crap. Clearly I don't like football enough to matter, because I didn't buy the versions of the game I didn't like, and I didn't spend years in these forums tell everyone how much I hated the game. No, we need the words of people that buy games they hate, because that is the only path to happiness. Buy a game you hate, then "fix it" online by yelling at the devs until it is the game you like, as opposed to playing games you like and ignoring the ones you don't. Then you only send devs messages about how much you like their work.

But I will say that very time mentions Madden 06 or Madden 12 as something to go back to, I think about what utter pieces of crap I thought those games were, yet I never took the time to post about them here, because I was playing other games.

Country Boy has the right of it. EA is making money doing things the way they are. If you want them to change, you need to show them how your changes would, with a high degree of certainty based on research and analysis, increase their ROI.

Because the entity that seems to go unnoticed is the NFL, who seriously only cares about money. The NFL LOVES their deal with EA. They love it enough to let EA operate without a competitor. That may change, or even be changing, with 2K getting to make a non-NFL simulation. But that is still 5 years away, before the NFL and EA decide if 2K gets to make an NFL simulation game.

No one says anyone has to like the game. But every year it gets pretty old to see the same patterns play out. EA either says all the right things, the forum gets excited, and is followed by an underwhelming release. Or EA doesn't show the right love to the sim community, and the forum goes into a rage, followed by an underwhelming release.

How many years in a row can you go through that and continue to think buying the game is a good idea? How can you think any version ofthe game over the next 5 years will be what you like? How much time will you place on that, as opposed to playing a different game, learning a new hobby, reading a extra book, or so many other things that might make you happy.

For the record, I love this year's Madden, and when I watch the Chiefs play, it makes me want to play...

The Yard. Yep. I'm looking for fun and action, not a terribly done simulation, which is why I avoided console football for so long. Madden got better when it started emphasizing fun and personality over stodgy NFL Film seriousness. And I would LOVE a deep NFL sim with nothing but X's and O's on the screen running plays I design.

It will never happen on a console, and for various reasons, sports games are just dying on PC still. I'm hoping EA and other publishers lean hard into crossplay, which will save PC sports gaming. SMB3's Pennant Race would be a crapfest if limited to only PC gamers.

You get sports gamers back on PC, and we will see some stodgy simulations many of us would love. But on consoles, the demographic starts at 8 years old. Expecting a publisher to choose to serve the tiny niche of adult sim sports gamers is ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #94
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I’m definitely not of the mindset that dislikes Madden. I enjoy Madden, but just because I enjoy it doesn’t mean a think it’s a good game. I think there are plenty of people who enjoy Madden but if there were a superior or even alternate option, they would choose to play that.

My point in saying everything leads back to the license is that there are plenty of people who play and purchase Madden who have not seen that there could be a better option. It’s just the ignorance of Madden being the only football video game they’ve been exposed to. For example, people who think the active sidelines couldn’t be added just because they haven’t been in Madden. I’m sure a large portion of Madden’s current fanbase weren’t exposed to other NFL games.

NBA Live is a great example. It was clearly the more successful product for years despite NBA 2k arguably being the better product. Eventually 2ks exposure to a larger audience caught up to Live’s and the superior product survived.

I'm in the same mindset. I enjoy playing Madden, but it does have a ton of flaws. It also lacks in depth compared to games made generations before. But I accept it for what it is. An NFL game and since its the only one on the market it gets crushed by a ton of people. And deservedly so. They have the exclusive rights and don't need to be too innovative or take risks. This ticks people off because other games add a Ron of new stuff every year and really seem passionate to the users wants and needs.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #95
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's amazing they found a way to be so successful prior to MUT even existing then.
Game prices haven't risen proportionately to costs in the intervening time. Similar sales levels would have been more profitable then .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 08:12 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:

This post is on point...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »