Home

Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2020, 07:55 AM   #17
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
Can anyone explain how Next Gen stats effects animations? I can see how it correlates to the speed and acceleration of a player, but how does it change the way they animate?

Madden always had a robotic feel to the movement, so I don’t see how this improves on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I got the impression that EA had to adjust and create new animations to match the speed of the players from next gen stats. Its EA so this is no guarantee that the animations will look more realistic.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

The weather also seems to be a major aspect of the visual improvement. We saw rain-soaked sidelines and various cosmetic changes based on snow. It looks very good, but there is a major omission on this front. None of the weather effects impact gameplay. Graddy confirmed that during the live stream which really dulls the relevancy of the inclusion. Quite honestly, it might have been better to save weather for another year when it could have been tied into some sort of gameplay impact.

This is a perfect example of what I've been screaming for years. Y'all always want this pretty window dressing, but if it is not affecting gameplay, I'm really not all that interested. Yes, it is cute and it's a nice addition but that's all it is.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazione
It's kinda funny that in 2020 we are hyping a game based on sideline player models.
It’s not even hype - it’s fixing what has looked ugly and non-immersive for years!
Old 11-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
The weather also seems to be a major aspect of the visual improvement. We saw rain-soaked sidelines and various cosmetic changes based on snow. It looks very good, but there is a major omission on this front. None of the weather effects impact gameplay. Graddy confirmed that during the live stream which really dulls the relevancy of the inclusion. Quite honestly, it might have been better to save weather for another year when it could have been tied into some sort of gameplay impact.

This is a perfect example of what I've been screaming for years. Y'all always want this pretty window dressing, but if it is not affecting gameplay, I'm really not all that interested. Yes, it is cute and it's a nice addition but that's all it is.

I’m a bit torn on this one. On the one hand, I want all the realism. Major rain? Players should be slipping out of breaks, QB’s should struggle to throw and plant on their drops.

But on the other, I can understand it being frustrating.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #21
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
I’m a bit torn on this one. On the one hand, I want all the realism. Major rain? Players should be slipping out of breaks, QB’s should struggle to throw and plant on their drops.

But on the other, I can understand it being frustrating.

Look no further than NBA 2k21 next gen for inspiration EA and an answer to make all happy: Give us more options. Period.

On the screen where you choose weather, first choose conditions: Clear/rain/snow/tornado/earthquake/Etc.

Then have this simple option:
Weather conditions affect gameplay: on/off

that way competitive users can play with the cool looking weather effects but know that a rando receiver slipping as you throw a pass to them won't cost you the game online in a tournament.

Those of us that welcome the weather to affect certain outcomes as long as it is not excessive are happy too. Maybe even make it a slider so we can adjust how much it affects the gameply.

Heck...I remember playing Madden 09/10 and it was rainy and by the end the game it looked like mud wrestling. Not sure if this affected much of the gameplay but it looked cool as hell for about 5 minutes.
Nowadays I feel like Madden players are hardly even dirty. Adding to this is the last few weeks I have seen an excessive amount of real nfl players having turf stuck in their facemask because the field is a mess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #22
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321

This has been clarified in a different article. The same weather impacts that have been in the game are still in there but there aren't additional impacts.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #23
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

So are they not using Next Gen stats for the games with different weather? That should be an easy input considering that was their "focus" this year. I would think this would be Next Gen stats best feature. That way you actually see a realistic speed difference in route running, etc.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #24
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazione
It's kinda funny that in 2020 we are hyping a game based on sideline player models.
Don't forget the puddles on the sidelines, lol.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »