Home

Follow up Q&A with Madden 21 Devs by Brian Mazique

This is a discussion on Follow up Q&A with Madden 21 Devs by Brian Mazique within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Follow up Q&A with Madden 21 Devs by Brian Mazique

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma...nitial-reveal/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 05:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Follow up Q&A with Madden 21 Devs by Brian Mazique

I don’t like the reference use of “across all Modes” because it’s beyond evident that these communities want vastly different experiences and gameplay outcomes and the fact that we’re not seeing/hearing a greater use of game development towards experiences that fits those communities desires can be a red flag of a possible carry over of the problems this has caused with the Current-Gen console Madden.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I don’t like the reference use of “across all Modes” because it’s beyond evident that these communities want vastly different experiences and gameplay outcomes and the fact that we’re not seeing/hearing a greater use of game development towards experiences that fits those communities desires can be a red flag of a possible carry over of the problems this has caused with the Current-Gen console Madden.
He said that weather will affect players in simulation mode. So that seems to be where they will be using weather effects on gameplay. Sounds like it won't be used in comp or arcade.

So that right there tells me they are wanting to make sim more sim. But we'll see.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

From things he's said I do get the sense that Connor Dugan is supportive of simulation style players, but of course that doesn't mean that he will necessarily ever get the resources needed to implement many of the things that we here would want. This isn't new with Madden of course, but it's still good to have some advocates in decision making positions even if they aren't the top dogs.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
He said that weather will affect players in simulation mode. So that seems to be where they will be using weather effects on gameplay. Sounds like it won't be used in comp or arcade.

So that right there tells me they are wanting to make sim more sim. But we'll see.
Yeah, it’s just when he utilize the phrase “Across all Modes” in response to a Franchise specific question pertaining to Injuries that’s a feature which is already in Current-Gen, I just became befuddled why he responded that way to that question.

Hopefully I’m just reading too much into a short answer to a quick Q/A moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

Well players already slip in the rain. I would be really surprised if EA goes above & beyond that aspect.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 11-23-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Well players already slip in the rain. I would be really surprised if EA goes above & beyond that aspect.
Now that they have this Next Gen Stats thing, I think they could realistically put in player movements when played in the rain/snow and see the direct correlation of how it effects route running, running backs cutting, linemen pulling, etc. Hopefully this is something they will take advantage of in the coming Madden's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »