Home

Is there a downside to turning Superstar X Factors Off?

This is a discussion on Is there a downside to turning Superstar X Factors Off? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there a downside to turning Superstar X Factors Off?

I find them cheesy and arcadish in general, and with some of them such as hit sticking fumbles or pass rush ones seemingly not tuned to be remotely realistic. So do people on here play with them off who want realism/simulation? And is there a downside, such as great players don’t seem “great” compared to real-life? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #2
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is there a downside to turning Superstar X Factors Off?

I play with them turned off and I am happy.

Gameplay seems fine to me, I am playing a season with the Bills and Stefon Diggs is a beast, Jerry Hughes is getting sacks, etc.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I keep them on because it adds an element to differentiate players. How are two players different if their ratings are nearly identical?

The more separation in players, the better. If guys like Joey Bosa are feared when I play them and I have to game plan around him, that's a positive.

Yeah,come get a little bit extreme at times. That said, what Madden gamers think is simulation sometimes doesn't add up. There are times we scream "not realistic!" at the screen, only to see the same highlight on Sports Center later on.

Pick your poison really. I personally think turning them off removes a sense of individuality in players. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #4
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86

Yeah,come get a little bit extreme at times. That said, what Madden gamers think is simulation sometimes doesn't add up. There are times we scream "not realistic!" at the screen, only to see the same highlight on Sports Center later on.

So very true .

Personally I turned them off last year , as it was ' all or nothing ' but now we can edit out those we dont want i plan on leaving them on .
Old 11-26-2020, 11:31 PM   #5
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

I turn them off looks arcadish to me too. Plus i like a clean screen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #6
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I keep them on because it adds an element to differentiate players. How are two players different if their ratings are nearly identical?

The more separation in players, the better. If guys like Joey Bosa are feared when I play them and I have to game plan around him, that's a positive.

Pick your poison really. I personally think turning them off removes a sense of individuality in players. Just my 2 cents.
Same.

Remember when the only thing that distinguished Tom Brady was his accuracy rating? Or Drew Brees? Superstar X Factors make you feel like you're playing the GQOAT.

Imagine having Peyton Manning's Omaha X-Factor ability during his heyday.

Last edited by speedkills; 11-26-2020 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:45 PM   #7
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideZone77
I find them cheesy and arcadish in general, and with some of them such as hit sticking fumbles or pass rush ones seemingly not tuned to be remotely realistic. So do people on here play with them off who want realism/simulation? And is there a downside, such as great players don’t seem “great” compared to real-life? Thanks.
Coming from someone who just dumped a ton of time into trying to get the players ratings to accurately depict their play on the field I find that some of the x-factors are a little cheesy but all in all I think they are good for the game.

Certain guys in the NFL do have the ability to "turn it on" in a game and having x-factors is probably one of the only ways to reflect that in Madden. The system could be better or tweaked in a different way but that is pretty much Madden in a nutshell.

It really depends on how you like the game to be played. Now that you can change them in franchise mode it opened me up to using them.

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »