Home

Difference in new Madden franchise patch?

This is a discussion on Difference in new Madden franchise patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2020, 11:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Difference in new Madden franchise patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Cover boy LaMar not exactly playing like a superstar this year....is he??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lamar don't play D and the coaches giving cats Covid. That doesn't take away from his abilities

Atlanta not winning but you going to say Julio not beasting when he is healthy?

My guy lost his superstar in his second year after just getting it and going for #3 in the league. His arrow was pointing up before the update

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2020, 12:14 AM   #10
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Difference in new Madden franchise patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
Considering starting a brand new franchise if major differences in the new patch (used a non cloud save so didn't just update)

How good are the new things?

Heard they added some sort of addition to development traits??

The CFM changes take effect when you load an offline save. The file is patched and includes the added features like playoff bracket and Dev trait caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2020, 12:49 AM   #11
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Lamar don't play D and the coaches giving cats Covid. That doesn't take away from his abilities

Atlanta not winning but you going to say Julio not beasting when he is healthy?

My guy lost his superstar in his second year after just getting it and going for #3 in the league. His arrow was pointing up before the update

Im aware of Lamar not on their defense. Thanks.

He’s not balling dawg....sorry

Deuces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 02:16 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
The regression thing is crazy. I lucked up in a draft got 3 rooks with superstar traits, 1 xfactor. I already had a back up guard with superstar, a starting guard with superstar, 2 older linebackers with xfactor and 1 with superstar, a 2nd year linebacker with superstar, my 2 year running back with superstar, a DT with superstar, qb with factor. The next season, everybody is star except the QB, the 2nd year linebacker and the rookie from previous season who was an xfactor and the backup guard. Now most of them I get. They are older players over 30 who are regressing. But my RB was the #3 back in the league in year 3 and the other rookies all lost there's. Why? You can't even trade for an xfactor or sign one in free agent off season now because you never know if they going change in the off-season.

The trait is called DEVELOPMENT trait, right?

I totally get that the term is misleading and coupling that with abilities is not very smart, as they have nothing to do with development. But we are still talking about the development, so how fast a player will develop. It's totally fine and realistic that a player does not have a linear curve and stays superstar for his entire 15 year career - that was the case before. Draft a SS and rely on staying SS until he retires.

So all you get is a realistic (random) development cycle. What you lose in some cases are the abilities. But honest question, what are you really using this year? I didn't like the arcade abilities last year, but this year they are toned tone a lot and I haven't really seen a difference making ability. So despite "losing" something from a motivation standpoint, I don't see a loss.

If you have 10+ players with abilities, of course you will lose some. Standard number gives 1-2 XF per teams and 2-3 SS per team.

If you still don't like it, there's a setting to control the number or even turn it off completely. Problem solved.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
But these are people I either drafted, signed or earned it with scenarios. I worked up to it. I had a plan and it's all gone. I feel like some for no reason. Players aren't superstars this year and the. Nothing next year. That isn't realistic

You can certainly argue that it's bad game design, but you can't argue that it's not realistic. This is exactly how it is in real life. Players have breakout seasons all the time, and are then anonymous again the following season. Players can start well and be out of the league in 2-3 years.

Take Eric Ebron, for example. He was fine for his first few years in Detroit but nothing to shout about. He would have been normal development, maybe star at best. Then, all of a sudden, he had a Superstar X-Factor type season for the Colts, scored 13 touchdowns (iirc) and was untouchable in the red zone. Since then he's been playing at a normal/star dev level again.

It's far more rare for a player to steadily and consistently grow and improve year after year.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #14
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Happens more than you think
Old 11-29-2020, 01:37 PM   #15
MVP

It would be absolutely lame and contrary to everything we’ve been asking for over the years if there was no variance and randomness to dev traits and in particular for drafted players.

Let’s say my next draft pick is going to Trevor Lawerence. I fully hope and expect there is a chance he will flop. If he comes in at a 82 and then devs up to a 94 before declining that will be, not necessarily disappointing, but just so ho-hum. The chance he will end up no better than Matt Stafforf (85 ovr, has been there most of his career) is something that NEEDS to be there. It can’t just be totally predictable, “oh this guy is SS dev therefore he’ll be SS until he’s about to retire”; there MUST be variance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

They really shouldn't have tied abilities to development. They should have kept it to how Madden 08 did it and player weapons. Where meeting a rating threshhold would give you certain boosts or advantages but there were also counters to it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »