Home

Editing Draft Picks

This is a discussion on Editing Draft Picks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2020, 06:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Editing Draft Picks

Has anyone ever edited the generated draft class pick selection? I have edited names etc but I see you can also edit the draft pick player selection I’m assuming to help the computer pick better. Has anyone ever done this? Does it work well? This is for a online franchise

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Editing Draft Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Has anyone ever edited the generated draft class pick selection? I have edited names etc but I see you can also edit the draft pick player selection I’m assuming to help the computer pick better. Has anyone ever done this? Does it work well? This is for a online franchise

Thanks

I do offline franchise. After the draft, I’ll go in and edit all players over 70 that were drafted. All I change are the names and color of skin if needed. I change them to popular players from the past. Keeps me interested in other teams when I see their names pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I make sure the players face matches their portrait since most if not all of them don't.

Also I'll make a few more sleepers at certain positions since you don't really see any decent kickers or punters in the draft. TEs are usually very average. Not many studs ever appear. I'll give scrambling archetype qbs higher throw power just because you don't see any with good throw power. Receiving backs get a boost in the draft since you never see one with decent ratings. Just small stuff to make my league feel more dynamic for the benefit of the CPU.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2020, 08:51 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Im asking mostly about when you go into the scouting screen and you can edit player details before the draft. there is a option to change the player order i guess meaning the way the computer has it defaulted to draft round1 pick 1 etc. has anyone ever done this?
Old 12-03-2020, 12:41 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Im asking mostly about when you go into the scouting screen and you can edit player details before the draft. there is a option to change the player order i guess meaning the way the computer has it defaulted to draft round1 pick 1 etc. has anyone ever done this?
I have...it doesn't seem to have much effect on the CPU's scouting or draft logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »