Home

M21: Link OOTB w/Franchise Patch Only

This is a discussion on M21: Link OOTB w/Franchise Patch Only within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
M21: Link OOTB w/Franchise Patch Only

***Offline Only***Offline Only***Offline Only***

For those like me that prefer the OOTB (Out of the Box) version of gameplay, but want the Franchise Update by itself without the other updates that have altered the Gameplay and introduced other post issues, here’s the method.

* Xbox 1 = Can do this
* PS4 = Unknown, will update once verified by PS4 User
* Next-Gen Consoles = Unknown, as I do not possess either console, will update if verified

Needed:
- External Memory Drive with unpatched OOTB version of game
- Original launch day Digital download (current Digital download comes with the 1st Post-Release Update) or a Disk version download

Digital Purchase using a Disk Instructions:
(If you originally purchased the digital version, you can still play with a Disk version download w/out the disk, just need the disk downloaded)

1) Download Disk version to an external drive
2) Run Disk version up until Update prompt (***DO NOT Download Update), needs to be done one time to link game download to your Digital profile
3) Quit game and disconnect external drive
4) Run game from Internal Storage and download current Update
5) Create a dummy Franchise to store the Franchise Update to your Internal Storage (***DO NOT delete dummy Franchise, needed for Update)
6) Quit game and go Offline
7) Plug external drive and via Settings->Storage (to run correct non-updated version), run/load game in Offline
8) Create new Franchise and Franchise Patch only is applied

Original non-updated Digital Purchase:
1) Copy to external drive
2) Use instructions above for using a Disk

Some Notes:
1) You can use Internal Storage/Online version to download/save updated Rosters, Draft Classes etc..., then go back Offline
2) Any Mechanism and/or Gameplay patch/update that’s part of the Launch Update “will not” be included
3) ***Make sure your Auto Updates is turned off. ��

I went back and reread Updates 1 & 2 and realized none of those issues noted impacted me as an 100% Offline gamer.

To me, these initial post-launch Updates/Patches often force the Offline gamer down the same rabbit hole of unintended gameplay issues for Online gamers, when much of the update/patch is geared towards issues they’re experiencing and/or gameplay desires.

So for those that prefer the OOTB Gameplay, but want the Franchise Update only, this method provides it.

Last edited by khaliib; 11-29-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
MVP

Re: M21: Link OOTB w/Franchise Patch Only

Some things that are different between OOTB and the Updated versions.

AI Pocket Awareness
***constant drop back into sacks not there (Updates introduced it)

AI QB Scrambling, even scrambling out of the box to throw ball away

COD Rating is applied (Updates went back to insta-COD after complaints)

THP/Trajectories are very visible (Updates did something to these)

Aggressive AI Run Defense
- LB’s attack/shed blocks vs post-Update where they now wait for the block
- Contain animation where they actually fight and hold their leverage (Update has them being pushed down the LOS to counter H2H outside runs)

AI RB’s fight/maneuver/wiggle to avoid tackles and/or drag tacklers (Update went back to 1-tackler tackles because of complaints)

AI RB’s Do Not zigzag on runs, they’re direct and tackle avoidance is natural to get 1st Downs/TD’s

***Updates introduced back the 3-yrd Jump-to-Intercept radius for defenders (ie defender beat over top by 3+ yrds but warps to an INT)

Throw Windows without Psychic defenders

Organic Pass/Catch Knockouts (Updates minimized these do to complaints)

Aggressive WR/TE catch-point attempts by taller players (Update tweaked Aggressive Catching which minimized the weight of “height” in the formula, there by removing it)

***Ratings Spread and ratings Deltas are respected during interactions

Last edited by khaliib; 11-29-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #3
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Wow. Hoping this works for PS4. This would be awesome if I could get OOTB gameplay but have the trait regression, playoff brackets, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 11-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #4
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
***Offline Only***Offline Only***Offline Only***

For those like me that prefer the OOTB (Out of the Box) version of gameplay, but want the Franchise Update by itself without the other updates that have altered the Gameplay and introduced other post issues, here€™s the method.

* Xbox 1 = Can do this
* PS4 = Unknown, will update once verified by PS4 User
* Next-Gen Consoles = Unknown, as I do not possess either console, will update if verified

Needed:
- External Memory Drive with unpatched OOTB version of game
- Original launch day Digital download (current Digital download comes with the 1st Post-Release Update) or a Disk version download

Digital Purchase using a Disk Instructions:
(If you originally purchased the digital version, you can still play with a Disk version download w/out the disk, just need the disk downloaded)

1) Download Disk version to an external drive
2) Run Disk version up until Update prompt (***DO NOT Download Update), needs to be done one time to link game download to your Digital profile
3) Quit game and disconnect external drive
4) Run game from Internal Storage and download current Update
5) Create a dummy Franchise to store the Franchise Update to your Internal Storage (***DO NOT delete dummy Franchise, needed for Update)
6) Quit game and go Offline
7) Plug external drive and via Settings->Storage (to run correct non-updated version), run/load game in Offline
8) Create new Franchise and Franchise Patch only is applied

Original non-updated Digital Purchase:
1) Copy to external drive
2) Use instructions above for using a Disk

Some Notes:
1) You can use Internal Storage/Online version to download/save updated Rosters, Draft Classes etc..., then go back Offline
2) Any Mechanism and/or Gameplay patch/update that€™s part of the Launch Update €œwill not€ be included
3) ***Make sure your Auto Updates is turned off. *‚

I went back and reread Updates 1 & 2 and realized none of those issues noted impacted me as an 100% Offline gamer.

To me, these initial post-launch Updates/Patches often force the Offline gamer down the same rabbit hole of unintended gameplay issues for Online gamers, when much of the update/patch is geared towards issues they€™re experiencing and/or gameplay desires.

So for those that prefer the OOTB Gameplay, but want the Franchise Update only, this method provides it.

Khaliib your awesome..but Im so lost lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 11-30-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

So....starting from scratch. I install disk copy to my "external" drive. Do not allow it to update as you stated. Then disconnect and install it to "internal" drive and do all the updates.
Start a franchise and save a file. (or do I need to start the franchise from the OOTB version on the external drive first?)

I get the concept that you are allowing the "updated version" of Madden to patch the franchise save. Then when you access this franchise save via the "OOTB" installation it sees the franchise updates but not all the other patches that broke so many things. Correct?

I mainly game on PC and I do have the Xbox One X. I am interested in trying this but I am trying to understand how the Xbox doesn't get confused with an install on the external drive and internal drive at the same time. On PC I could understand (I just launch different .exe files) but how do you manage this on Xbox? Delete the patched version on the internal before reconnecting the external drive. Definitely interested but just need a little clarification.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 04:31 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So....starting from scratch. I install disk copy to my "external" drive. Do not allow it to update as you stated. Then disconnect and install it to "internal" drive and do all the updates.
Start a franchise and save a file. (or do I need to start the franchise from the OOTB version on the external drive first?)

I get the concept that you are allowing the "updated version" of Madden to patch the franchise save. Then when you access this franchise save via the "OOTB" installation it sees the franchise updates but not all the other patches that broke so many things. Correct?

I mainly game on PC and I do have the Xbox One X. I am interested in trying this but I am trying to understand how the Xbox doesn't get confused with an install on the external drive and internal drive at the same time. On PC I could understand (I just launch different .exe files) but how do you manage this on Xbox? Delete the patched version on the internal before reconnecting the external drive. Definitely interested but just need a little clarification.

Thanks in advance.
Correct....

Unlike xbox360 saves, each XB1 downloaded/saved game has its own individual file name with version noted although its stored in the same partition game folder, so its like loading a different game (from how I understood how it was explained to me)
Old 11-30-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Correct....

Unlike xbox360 saves, each XB1 downloaded/saved game has its own individual file name with version noted although its stored in the same partition game folder, so its like loading a different game (from how I understood how it was explained to me)

Khaliib, Im guessing this cant be done without external drive? Like if I download patches, start CFM, then wipe game clean?

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 11-30-2020, 08:27 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Khaliib, Im guessing this cant be done without external drive? Like if I download patches, start CFM, then wipe game clean?

If you have an unpatched Disk version, it may.
Current Digital downloads come with update as part of the download.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »