Home

Preordering madden next level

This is a discussion on Preordering madden next level within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #9
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Preordering madden next level

Unfortunately I had a PS4 pro . I could not get my hands on a ps5 . I did however get a Xbox series X. So that is where I’m at right now .
Old 11-30-2020, 10:18 AM   #10
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Unfortunately I had a PS4 pro . I could not get my hands on a ps5 . I did however get a Xbox series X. So that is where I’m at right now .
go buy last gen now digitally. It is on the playstation store for a Black Friday sale at 50% off here in Canada. I bough it and Fifa. I'm guessing Xbox is the same
Old 11-30-2020, 12:14 PM   #11
Rookie

Preordering madden next level

My PS5 comes on Wed (12/2) and I bought the PS4 version of M21 hoping for the upgrade to PS5. I don’t have PS4 so will be installing it fresh. Just curious though if I didn’t get them installed in time, has there been anything said that you have to install/activate the previous gen version before 12/4 to get the upgrade free?
8 GB Kingston RAM

Last edited by munky1307; 11-30-2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Wrong date
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #12
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by munky1307
My PS5 comes on Wed (12/2) and I bought the PS4 version of M21 hoping for the upgrade to PS5. I don’t have PS4 so will be installing it fresh. Just curious though if I didn’t get them installed in time, has there been anything said that you have to install/activate the previous gen version before 12/4 to get the upgrade free?

If you buy M21 anytime before M22 releases next August/September you get the next gen upgrade for free.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #13
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
If you have the Xbox One or PS4 version of Madden you get next-gen Madden for free. Xbox should automatically download the upgrade or however they are distributing it. Not exactly sure how it's done on PS5.

If you don't have Madden yet, Gamestop has it for $26 right now. So basically $26 for next-gen Madden. Don't buy the $70 version.
If you buy a disc copy of the game, you'll need the disc drive version of the next gen console FYI. If you're even on the fence about the discless version, buy digital.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #14
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I already have the Xbox series X... I’ll prob get the digital version but I want to make sure it’s the right one
Old 11-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #15

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

For anyone even thinking about Madden for next gen it’s on sale at just about every major retailer. Go ahead and get it. If you still wanna wait to see more you can just keep it sealed so you have the option to return it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #16
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
If you buy a disc copy of the game, you'll need the disc drive version of the next gen console FYI. If you're even on the fence about the discless version, buy digital.
This isn't accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Entitlement FAQ
Do I have to purchase Madden NFL 21 digitally to receive the free upgrade?

The physical copy of Madden NFL 21 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One also includes your entitlement to download and play the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X version of the game. So you'll still be able to upgrade for free* via Dual Entitlement if you purchase a next generation console with a disc drive.

If you intend to buy a discless next generation console (PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, or Xbox Series S), you can purchase Madden NFL 21 digitally on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and you will receive your upgrade upon logging into your new console with the SAME account information. You must upgrade from Xbox One to Xbox Series S or from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 Digital to receive the upgrade.

If you buy a physical copy of Madden NFL 21 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and upgrade to a discless PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series S, you will need to contact EA support at help.ea.com to validate your purchase using your account information to receive your free* upgrade.
https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ement-info-faq
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »