Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2020, 05:15 PM   #1
MVP
 
Brooke2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Preordering madden next level

Where is the option to buy the next level option of madden on the Xbox store? I donít see an option for it . It has the regular madden for Xbox one x , series x and series s , but is that just the regular madden that can be played on the next gen console ?
Brooke2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 05:42 PM   #2
All Star
 
MizzouRah's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Troy, MO
Re: Preordering madden next level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Where is the option to buy the next level option of madden on the Xbox store? I donít see an option for it . It has the regular madden for Xbox one x , series x and series s , but is that just the regular madden that can be played on the next gen console ?
Yes, once next gen Madden is released you will get a code to upgrade to the new version for free.
MizzouRah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame
 
bcruise's Arena
 
OVR: 48
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,107
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Preordering madden next level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yes, once next gen Madden is released you will get a code to upgrade to the new version for free.
I'm not sure if the process will involve a code or not. I don't see anything about that on this dual entitlement FAQ page:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ment-info-faq?

The thing that is mentioned (several times) is logging in with the same account that purchased the current-gen game.

Plus, I'm pretty sure they can do it without a code - No Man's Sky PS5 downloaded just fine with nothing else other than using the account I purchased the PS4 version with. I'd guess that the only way a code would be involved is EA needing to send you one in case you're going to a discless PS5 after owning the PS4 disc.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-29-2020 at 06:13 PM.
bcruise is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #4
MVP
 
Brooke2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Re: Preordering madden next level

The problem Iím seeing is the game at Best Buy costs like $70 and itís cover looks like this . 7E780BF6-96B1-46A2-8BC3-4F7C52BDC2AC.jpg

I feel like if I pre order it, it basically will be the Xbox one x version just compatible on next gen.
Brooke2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Moderator
 
PVarck31's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Land
Posts: 15,675
Blog Entries: 10
Re: Preordering madden next level

If you have the Xbox One or PS4 version of Madden you get next-gen Madden for free. Xbox should automatically download the upgrade or however they are distributing it. Not exactly sure how it's done on PS5.

If you don't have Madden yet, Gamestop has it for $26 right now. So basically $26 for next-gen Madden. Don't buy the $70 version.
PVarck31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #6
MVP
 
XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
Re: Preordering madden next level

Will there be a physical copy of madden 21 on ps5/xbox?
XxKnicksRules215xX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:12 PM   #7
Oh Deer!
 
m1ke_nyc's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 3,417
Re: Preordering madden next level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
Will there be a physical copy of madden 21 on ps5/xbox?
Yes its called ďNext Level EditionĒ. $70
__________________
Itís easier to do the right thing, than to explain why you didnít.
XB1 m1ke nyc
PS4 m1ke_nyc
m1ke_nyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #8
All Star
 
MizzouRah's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Troy, MO
Re: Preordering madden next level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm not sure if the process will involve a code or not. I don't see anything about that on this dual entitlement FAQ page:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ment-info-faq?

The thing that is mentioned (several times) is logging in with the same account that purchased the current-gen game.

Plus, I'm pretty sure they can do it without a code - No Man's Sky PS5 downloaded just fine with nothing else other than using the account I purchased the PS4 version with. I'd guess that the only way a code would be involved is EA needing to send you one in case you're going to a discless PS5 after owning the PS4 disc.
Ok maybe it's smart delivery then.
MizzouRah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Top -