Home

How much more improved is the CPU at managing the clock and going for 1st downs/TD’s?

This is a discussion on How much more improved is the CPU at managing the clock and going for 1st downs/TD’s? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
How much more improved is the CPU at managing the clock and going for 1st downs/TD’s?

I remember reading where this was going to be improved in Madden 21. In my opinion, it was always a problem when the CPU QB would throw a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 13, would mess around until the clock ticked away at the end of the half or the end of the game, or would settle for a field goal instead of a TD.

What are you seeing? How much has the CPU’s intelligence and aggressiveness improved on offense from Madden 20?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 09:05 PM   #2
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Re: How much more improved is the CPU at managing the clock and going for 1st downs/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I remember reading where this was going to be improved in Madden 21. In my opinion, it was always a problem when the CPU QB would throw a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 13, would mess around until the clock ticked away at the end of the half or the end of the game, or would settle for a field goal instead of a TD.

What are you seeing? How much has the CPU’s intelligence and aggressiveness improved on offense from Madden 20?

It appears to have not been touched from what I can tell and many others have said as well. Disappointing, but thank god for the 10 hour trial.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How much more improved is the CPU at managing the clock and going for 1st downs/T

Players running with the football definitely run “heavier” and reach the ball out if they are near the goal line or first down; however, the CPU QBs still don’t throw downfield much. I have not seen a QB throw a fly route besides a Hail Mary situation.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac
It appears to have not been touched from what I can tell and many others have said as well. Disappointing, but thank god for the 10 hour trial.
Ridiculous smh
Old 08-22-2020, 11:06 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

The CPU still relies on checkdowns and magic "WR is automatically wide open for a 40 yard catch" style plays.

Your LBs will stand and watch as the QB runs past the LOS to stay on that WR he can't throw yo anymore.

Ot you'll be stuck button mashing your DE as he struggles to slip past a 70 OVR RT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

I guess my experience has been a little different. I was playing the Cards, down 20-6 in the third, and they went for it on 4th and 1 while in the fringe red zone.

Cpu could probably take more shots in the throw game, but they are certainly calling plays with more purpose this year
Old 08-23-2020, 12:44 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
I guess my experience has been a little different. I was playing the Cards, down 20-6 in the third, and they went for it on 4th and 1 while in the fringe red zone.

Cpu could probably take more shots in the throw game, but they are certainly calling plays with more purpose this year

CPU had the ball down on the 1 down 14-0 with :08 against in the 2nd quarter.

Kicked a FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #8
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7

That happens on 19 also. Any big lead and ive seen teams doing it on there own side of the 50, as far back as the 35 yard line. that was cpu vs cpu slo mode mostly tho.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »