Home

Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Available Today - Let's Hear Your Impressions!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Available Today - Let's Hear Your Impressions! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #57
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen is Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I said the same thing when Madden 21 dropped...The presentation is just not realistic. The pregame is WWE, arcadey, MUT influenced...However you want to describe it. It is just bad...And actually MUT intro with each teams top 3 player cards is better.

Why do they insist on showing highlights from a game that hasnt even been played yet in the pregame montage.

The wipes are also just horrendous....Whoever his in charge of that department probably hasnt watched an NFL game
agree 1 millon percent

madden 20 at least had decent "EA"presentation...
Old 12-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #58
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
You can get cut scenes at 60fps but you have to turn your console screen video output to 1080p which sucks. I hope they find a way to get cut scenes to run at 4k 60fps like gameplay.
OHHH awesome

I dont mind 1080p not ona 4k tv yet
Old 12-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #59
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilliz322
I’m lucky enough to have both systems, I tried the Ps5 version first because it downloaded quicker. I saw improved. Animations, better crowd and sound, slightly better player visuals on players. BUT as in stated before,when I played on XSX it looked a whole lot better graphically. I’m not sure it’s it’s my tv , (oled c8) but madden def looks better on Xbox in next gen.
that was ALSO the case with xbox vs ps4

i remeber when i went to xbox one x it was NIGHT & DAY
Old 12-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #60
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0

Just loaded up a quick game on the XSX.

Immediately noticed the player movement difference with ball carriers. It's impossible to not notice it. Turning finally feels realistic. This has definitely been the most notable improvement for me. There are some new animations sprinkled in as well which is nice.

Graphically, it isn't a huge step up but it looks cleaner. The field looks noticeably better, the lighting has improved quite a bit. Jerseys still look painted on (hopefully they get a touch-up next year).

Next Gen Stats (albeit it's early) are actually kind of cool and make sense for a video game. New play call screen is nice too (pretty big, but functional).
Old 12-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #61
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Ya.... sitting here reading impressions while knowing my xbox won't be here for 3 more weeks lol.
oh your xbox series x won't be here for 3 more weeks ? you mean you not able to find one to order it ? blame Ebay scalpers for order more units whenever it restock in stores like Gamestop, Walmart, Target, Best Buy beside Amazon.. Online is awful for people to order it due to stupid bots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #62
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Played 2 games, it finally feels “good”, players actually have weight and momentum, Julio Jones routes are crisp and precise compared to lesser wrs. The next gen stats while a good idea are implemented poorly IMO, the replays feature cuts to like 4 or 5 different angles which looks bad. Wish ea would just watch an NFL game and copy that presentation.

Also noticed we are back to no mouth pieces

Graphically bot a big upgrade but the game already looked decent.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:34 AM   #63
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilliz322
I’m lucky enough to have both systems, I tried the Ps5 version first because it downloaded quicker. I saw improved. Animations, better crowd and sound, slightly better player visuals on players. BUT as in stated before,when I played on XSX it looked a whole lot better graphically. I’m not sure it’s it’s my tv , (oled c8) but madden def looks better on Xbox in next gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
that was ALSO the case with xbox vs ps4

i remeber when i went to xbox one x it was NIGHT & DAY

I got it on the XSX as well even though I have a ps5. Can’t wait to try this later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #64
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Played 2 games, it finally feels “good”, players actually have weight and momentum, Julio Jones routes are crisp and precise compared to lesser wrs. The next gen stats while a good idea are implemented poorly IMO, the replays feature cuts to like 4 or 5 different angles which looks bad. Wish ea would just watch an NFL game and copy that presentation.

Also noticed we are back to no mouth pieces

Graphically bot a big upgrade but the game already looked decent.
yep gameplay is solid especially movement, foot planting. i am disappointing with Franchise Mode especially player stats are ridiculous awful like Cam Newton has 51 passing TD with 12 ints.. Elite RB like Derrick Henry and Dalvin Cook had less than 200 rushing attempts with 1,000 rushing yards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »