Home

Next gen weather ?!

This is a discussion on Next gen weather ?! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #17
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Snow looks terrible. This is one thing I expected to be impressed with... and sadly it's terrible. I shouldn't be surprised but still.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 12-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Snow looks terrible. This is one thing I expected to be impressed with... and sadly it's terrible. I shouldn't be surprised but still.

Snow looks the same on the ground, snow in the air looks good, they need to add heavy snow though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2020, 03:32 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz

I agree. What I notice is that they make foot prints, but when tackled to the ground there is now snow pring of the body. Thought they would've added this.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Should be levels of weather to choose from. If i want to play in blizzard conditions, i should be able to! As much money as we spend.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #21
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Only played in the snow the one quarter so far in the loading game. Was under impressed. Looked a little jaggy where the footsteps were, but did have real-time footprints. However, snow didn’t pile up from being pushed during tackles, etc.

The inability to start a game with a desired temperature, time of day, and an option for dynamic weather is sad in the new generation of gaming.

Didn’t notice real-time mud and uniform degradation, either.

Lighting looks pretty good. But on auto replays sometime I get where it looks like the lighting is progressing and glitching until it settles in on the current time of day. This is on PS5. I will have to try the XSX this weekend to see if there are any nuances in differentiation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #22
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Pretty disappointed with the weather effects. Definitely was over sold and over hyped.

Rain looks great falling in the sky, the far out stadium shots look great too. Field degradation, uniform effects though. Terrible. Played a full game in Green Bay. Field by the end of the game looked a little brown, but not that noticeable, no puddles though, not much on uniforms other than the appearance of wet spots as rain drops hit.

Snow... again, looks good falling, the zoomed out stadium views look great too, game play though... brutal. Not much improved over the original version really. Still footprints, they look the same. Grass though was far too bright. Far too visible as well. Just not at all what was written and hyped though.
Old 06-10-2023, 04:25 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have to bump this every year. My own BUFFALO BILLS on the cover!! If the snow and weather isn’t dramatically improved this year then I lose all hope. Any insight from the beta??
Old 06-10-2023, 05:41 AM   #24
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzk
I have to bump this every year. My own BUFFALO BILLS on the cover!! If the snow and weather isn’t dramatically improved this year then I lose all hope. Any insight from the beta??
It’s the same again unfortunately

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »