Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Next gen weather ?!

I have always wanted awesome weather effects. They were better in the ps2 era! Field degradation, dirty jerseys!

ď Mother Nature comes alive in Madden like never before. In stunning new detail, see standing water on rain-drenched sidelines and cold winter snow accumulate on the field. Visually enhanced weather conditions also affect cloth definition on athletes to match environmental variables.Ē

What?!


Next gen madden features list had weather written about everywhere. Iím watching these streams and the rain and snow not only look the same as current gen but just look terrible.

I donít see any real snow effects or realistic footprints even which was on ps2! And the rain same thing. I havenít seen a spec of dirt on the jerseys of any players or any dirt degradation on the field.

This is a blatant misrepresentation from EA regarding next gen weather.
fazzk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
MVP
 
michaelhawj's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2015
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzk
I have always wanted awesome weather effects. They were better in the ps2 era! Field degradation, dirty jerseys!

ď Mother Nature comes alive in Madden like never before. In stunning new detail, see standing water on rain-drenched sidelines and cold winter snow accumulate on the field. Visually enhanced weather conditions also affect cloth definition on athletes to match environmental variables.Ē

What?!


Next gen madden features list had weather written about everywhere. Iím watching these streams and the rain and snow not only look the same as current gen but just look terrible.

I donít see any real snow effects or realistic footprints even which was on ps2! And the rain same thing. I havenít seen a spec of dirt on the jerseys of any players or any dirt degradation on the field.

This is a blatant misrepresentation from EA regarding next gen weather.
Madden devs team are absolutely terrible for current gen and next gen : ps4, xbox one, PS5 and Xbox Series X.. They used to have great devs in past years for ps2 on Madden 2001 through 2007
michaelhawj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
Rookie
 
Archie56's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzk
I have always wanted awesome weather effects. They were better in the ps2 era! Field degradation, dirty jerseys!



ď Mother Nature comes alive in Madden like never before. In stunning new detail, see standing water on rain-drenched sidelines and cold winter snow accumulate on the field. Visually enhanced weather conditions also affect cloth definition on athletes to match environmental variables.Ē



What?!





Next gen madden features list had weather written about everywhere. Iím watching these streams and the rain and snow not only look the same as current gen but just look terrible.



I donít see any real snow effects or realistic footprints even which was on ps2! And the rain same thing. I havenít seen a spec of dirt on the jerseys of any players or any dirt degradation on the field.



This is a blatant misrepresentation from EA regarding next gen weather.
To be fair, devs did say that the weather wasn't going to affect anything on the field. They said it would be the same as current gen as far as how it affects gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Archie56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #4
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
To be fair, devs did say that the weather wasn't going to affect anything on the field. They said it would be the same as current gen as far as how it affects gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Even with gameplay affects aside, it looks awful in Madden. The field cover is the same as current gen. The snowflakes may look different but that's about it. They way oversold this. FIFA snow on the ground looks way more realistic.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:51 AM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
Tomba's Arena
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 8,774
Blog Entries: 118
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
Madden devs team are absolutely terrible for current gen and next gen : ps4, xbox one, PS5 and Xbox Series X.. They used to have great devs in past years for ps2 on Madden 2001 through 2007
whenever that d__gan guy is involved....
__________________
Brand New Tomba Slider sets ready for Next Gen Versions of NBA,Madden and Fifa Stay Tuned...
Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
Tomba's Arena
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 8,774
Blog Entries: 118
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Even with gameplay affects aside, it looks awful in Madden. The field cover is the same as current gen. The snowflakes may look different but that's about it. They way oversold this. FIFA snow on the ground looks way more realistic.
so... overselling

I agree. snow in fifa looks way better i am VERY surprised the same snow has been used for madden next gen
__________________
Brand New Tomba Slider sets ready for Next Gen Versions of NBA,Madden and Fifa Stay Tuned...
Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
To be fair, devs did say that the weather wasn't going to affect anything on the field. They said it would be the same as current gen as far as how it affects gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
They did and Iím not even complaining about that. I would
Understand if the way it affects gameplay is same as current gen with players slipping sometimes etc.

Iím talking the graphics and weather effects. They look so bad on next gen and they specifically talked about how much better next gen weather was going to LOOK.


https://specials-images.forbesimg.co....jpg?fit=scale


The rain on the streams I have watched looks nothing like this screenshot
fazzk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #8
Rookie
 
Archie56's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Even with gameplay affects aside, it looks awful in Madden. The field cover is the same as current gen. The snowflakes may look different but that's about it. They way oversold this. FIFA snow on the ground looks way more realistic.
Does it really? That's sad to hear

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Archie56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Top -