Home

Next-Gen gameplay observations for the sim heads

This is a discussion on Next-Gen gameplay observations for the sim heads within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Next-Gen gameplay observations for the sim heads

For the sim- heads, just played a full game on 10 min quarters (All-Madden, didnt touch sliders) on PS5 and am extremely impressed! For background, I played current gen for a couple weeks and didnt touch it again because I hated it. Feel free to ask any questions but couple things I noticed :

- Game plays a lot slower and more realistic, able to see cut back lanes and blocks forming way better
- Players round off their routes and corners amazingly , plays where I went to turn up field and would step out of bounds on current gen, players rounded the corner and were aware of the sideline and did not step out of bounds
- Saw a couple LB's jumping TE routes to bat the ball down, EVEN WHEN I PLAYED ZONE!
- Held Lock to a 62% , playing just cpu suggested defense which is obviously a mix of zone and man coverages. ROBO QB seems to be gone and zone seems to work as intended . OMGGG
- DB's didnt do a complete 360's when guarding the slants, also noticed wr would do a little pick action when running crossers sometimes
- CPU QB looked as if he was actually going through reads as oppose to just auto throwing to rb and te every play
- CPU QB threw ball away , almost too much but he avoided sacks , and threw the ball away when applicable
- CPU QB made some errant throws
- I could move defenders pre snap and they would stick where I put them for the most part
- 2 PI calls where it just looked like the defender kinda was grabbing the WR's jersey
- sets with 4 WR'S ARE BACK! Even an easy way to get to that personnel grouping in the new playcall menu
- 4 CPU WR's caught balls , this with stamina not being increased , CPU ran some 4 WR formations
- Pass rush was realistic, stepping up in the pocket to avoid sacks worked
- me and cpu both had 2 sacks
- Rushing seemed OP for both teams, seems to be mainly because the fb's were falling too far forward on tackles but I think sliders can fix this
- Movement is amazing, jukes are amazing, they sort of juke downhill and through holes as oppose to just lateral east/west in current gen
- Had my RB auto-sub set to come out at 95 and Gurley pretty much came out every third or fourth play seems to be a little better than current gen.
- Had a touchdown on a sweet back should throw, also didnt notice 1, NOT EVEN 1, unrealistic spectacular catch where the WR looked he jumped off a trampoline to attempt a crazy catch in the air

Last edited by lemarflacco; 12-03-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Next-Gen gameplay observations for the sim heads

Good stuff how is the penalties?..PI Illegal contact wr/db animations..
Old 12-03-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Great to hear default AM is playing good on defaults. I have sliders but will try a game on defaults with the updated version.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:22 PM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

I’ve been enjoying default AM but there’s this pit in my stomach that knows patches are coming and things are going to feel fast and loose again soon
Old 12-03-2020, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I’ve been enjoying default AM but there’s this pit in my stomach that knows patches are coming and things are going to feel fast and loose again soon
Let's hope all the patches for current gen aren't queued up and waiting to download. I don't mean bug fixes but let's hope they don't plan on rolling out the gameplay tweaks they did for current gen. Cause so many of the comments on next gen from you guys sound eerily similar to OOTB current gen...regarding the AI of the computer controlled players. Fingers crossed for y'all.

Also...if you have any way to move this to external storage and disconnect you can keep a versions of Madden 21 Next Gen OOTB just in case. Of course I have no idea what offline storage is available. I thought I read you could move games to it but cannot play from it? That might work. If having an OOTB version available is important. I wish I'd have done this for PC.

Last edited by icicle22; 12-03-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I wonder how EA will handle its competitive circuit this year. When will they transition over to next gen? The longer it takes i will bet the longer it won't be patched. Seems like most of their changes are based on that crowd.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Yeah, it's tricky so far. I hope they don't change anything right away, but there is/will be backlash to both movement and coverage stuff. It maybe is making man coverage too easy to beat -- in conjunction with the lead passing being much better -- but the rounding of routes is very pronounced as well (which I think is good so far).

I don't have enough time with the game yet to know if sliders/AI level/user vs. not etc. change this a lot, or what combination of factors impacts stuff.

Plus, the movement overall just feels closer to the speed from the initial beta, which I also know a bunch of people did not like (though I did).
Old 12-03-2020, 05:06 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Are there refs in next gen?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »