Home

Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. AI - Post Them Here

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. AI - Post Them Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #49
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. AI - Post Them Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It figures. They never get any love. They probably saw it and said, well it's just the Browns.
I dont know if they did but I sure did. lol
Old 12-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #50
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
So you're not seeing too many on 50? What are the injuries like for the other teams on 50, I don't want the CPU teams to have too many injuries during a season since they aren't always the smartest when it comes to roster construction.
I can get up to 8 but then after a few weeks I get them back. It's like it's programmed so there is a limit as the CPU teams never seem to sign players due to injuries.

For the CPU teams it's typically 2-4 players, some have none and a few will have 5 or 6. To me, it handicaps me more than the CPU teams, which is another added layer of difficulty and I have to use my depth which is great. I often can let a good veteran go because his backup rookie has stepped up and played great football.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #51
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Is it me or did they dumb down the human AI on defense as far as the non controlled defenders? I keep getting burned and i'm not sure if it's by design, but the AI seem to compensate for a blown game by getting it to a receiver in the slot or elsewhere and my defender drifts off assignment allowing this receiver to go ham.

I got burned this way by Christian Kirk. He's a good receiver, but after watching some replays from me getting burned, he's not supposed to be that good. My Safety ends up chasing some other receiver when he should be covering zone.

Is this broken or by design?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #52
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Is it me or did they dumb down the human AI on defense as far as the non controlled defenders? I keep getting burned and i'm not sure if it's by design, but the AI seem to compensate for a blown game by getting it to a receiver in the slot or elsewhere and my defender drifts off assignment allowing this receiver to go ham.

I got burned this way by Christian Kirk. He's a good receiver, but after watching some replays from me getting burned, he's not supposed to be that good. My Safety ends up chasing some other receiver when he should be covering zone.

coverage is borked right now. Someone posted a twitter post that the devs were looking into it.

I've been watching a bunch of replays and the frustrating part is that the CPU plays pretty decent coverage. Only the user team seems to be a problem.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #53
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
coverage is borked right now. Someone posted a twitter post that the devs were looking into it.

I've been watching a bunch of replays and the frustrating part is that the CPU plays pretty decent coverage. Only the user team seems to be a problem.
Thanks man, I thought it was just me! I've been going at it like a mad scientist, playing with different sliders, cams, different defenders, etc, to no avail. No matter what I do, I get burned by some receiver. There is no rhyme or reason for it because I play defense well enough to not get burned like this.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:51 PM   #54
Rookie

worldindus's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god

User defense(ai controlled) works great for me. I can honestly say it is significantly better than last gen. Not perfect, but better.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:53 PM   #55
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
A few issues I noticed playing on AP and AM.

1. Blitzer's with a wide open lane to the Qb pause for a half second allowing the Qb to get the ball off.

2. In cover 2, the middle linebacker sometimes rushes the Qb leaving their zone wide open.

3. Defenders when pursuing the ball carrier towards the sideline they will pull up for a millisecond allowing the ball carrier to get past them.

4. Qb's throwing the ball away while still in the pocket to avoid being sacked.
Examples of the issues:
https://youtu.be/xg5AhgLBvB8
https://youtu.be/0kXkFPx1LLo
https://youtu.be/ql5QgHdCvyA
https://youtu.be/S8d5IqPqrLw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2020, 10:08 PM   #56
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldindus
User defense(ai controlled) works great for me. I can honestly say it is significantly better than last gen. Not perfect, but better.
Do you mean not controlling the player at all? When I do that, he just stands there. I'm playing on All Pro.

I used to play that way, then control the player i.e., MLB once a receiver or rb gets near me, but this year is different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »