Home

Madden 21 Next-Gen Review - Not a Revolution But a Solid Gameplay Base

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next-Gen Review - Not a Revolution But a Solid Gameplay Base within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

The wait was long and the information was sparse, but months after confirming a "free" Madden...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 21 Next-Gen Review - Not a Revolution But a Solid Gameplay Base

Incredibly accurate review. I have only had the PS5 version for a little over 24 hours and I have played 4 games. 2 play now games and 2 franchise games and the one little thing that I think you might have missed is the CPU QB throwing the ball away while in the pocket when there is pressure. It should be intentional grounding but it's not called. It's gotten to a point where I can see it being triggered by when I beat my man on the Oline. Myles Garret uses a power move and pancakes the Offensive lineman and the QB instantly throws it out of bounds even though I'm still 5 yards away from him. Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow did this at least 6 times in each game.

The good news is the "QB drop back" issue from current gen is gone, but it's ben replaced by this "grounding" glitch. In the big picture I guess it helps to get CPU completion percentage down to a more realistic level and I can try to imagine I rushed him into a bad throw. But it is there and I'm surprised it didn't come up in your review....unless you didn't experience this yourself.

Anyway, great review. Let's hope they patch up some of the bugs and don't change any of the good things. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

I've been hopeful and had an open mind for a decade now. The whole "small steps", "perhaps next year" or "we have a 5 year plan".
I think Madden players have been the most patient and forgiving group in all of gaming.
Any level of shade thrown at the developers and EA has been well earned.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #4
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
“It just feels like we could swing back a little towards what we see on TV during game day and stray a bit further from a Michael Bay movie.”
This part. Exactly.

Please get rid of that background music when the QB comes on the field. So arcadey and unrealistic. That kind of music doesn’t fit there.

Last edited by statum71; 12-09-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #5
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
You are 100%* right about the presentation. I just dont understand the direction EA is trying to go with mixing in these intros with the goal of giving us what we see on Sundays. What is the dilemma with just replicating what we see on TV?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 08:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Got a hold of the ps5 upgrade as well, this is the most fun I've had with a Madden in a long time, the movement and smoothness really shine and combine that with the load times and smoothness of menus and transitions during gameplay and I'm happy right now. My main problem right now is that QB's still seem to throw around 75-85% most of the time but I'll hit the sliders and see whats up.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
1. I don't memorize things I read.*
2ndly, I thought I read a while back, that because of "the build" of franchise mode,ea couldn't add things as easy as the community wanted. Then ea goes & builds the EXACT Same build for Next Gen Franchise mode. So I am officially done with Madden. Won't play it till its completely over hauled. Or until The graphics give me reason to.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
Got a hold of the ps5 upgrade as well, this is the most fun I've had with a Madden in a long time, the movement and smoothness really shine and combine that with the load times and smoothness of menus and transitions during gameplay and I'm happy right now. My main problem right now is that QB's still seem to throw around 75-85% most of the time but I'll hit the sliders and see whats up.
Turn down QB pass blocking. It wont create an over abundance of sacks like last gen. It increases errant throws and throw aways which bring that completion percentage down. A lot 9f people have settled at 35 for that number.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »