Home

Fill in the blank: “I will buy Madden 22 if _____”

This is a discussion on Fill in the blank: “I will buy Madden 22 if _____” within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fill in the blank: “I will buy Madden 22 if _____”

If it is the only NFL football game available.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:25 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

If I can mod it the same way as 20
Old 12-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #19
MVP

They get rid of the arcade crap like superstars where it’s guaranteed that player will make a play when you need them too instead of it being tat based upon who they’re match up with! It’s like pulling a get out of jail free card anytime you want too!

Oh and make sure QB containment works I’m sick and tired of cheesy arse scrambling QB mess game after game
Old 12-15-2020, 02:51 PM   #20
Rookie

They make substantial improvements to franchise mode. It needs a full revamp, but if they revamp is another bare bones effort they say they'll build on in '23, I'll just hold out until '23. I need something with depth. and life, off of the field.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #21
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

Franchise mode gets a huge overhaul “ala 2k”Need daily progression with full league calendar and more in depth injury progression system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #22
Pro

If they get rid of XP progression in franchise mode. Also if they get rid of the connected careers stuff to make it easier to do 32 team control and watch CPU-CPU games
Old 12-15-2020, 08:58 PM   #23
Rookie

Being able to edit shoe color options in the EDIT PLAYER screen in Franchise mode, like you do with the gloves. It sounds silly, but to me it's just asinine that it still isn't in the game. Totally kills it for me having the team wearing all the same color shoes.
Old 12-15-2020, 11:37 PM   #24
Rookie

SOU7GLO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegroove7
I will madden 22 if it’s first person football. I’ve had enough of these “perfect timing user interceptions” going against me.

No wonder it’s perfect timing... if he can user defender AND watch the QB at the same time AND clicks on and go for the INT, it’s like playing 11 defenders with eyes in the back of their heads.

Until Madden is first person football, there are always going to be an unrealistic number of interceptions when playing online.

EA needs to make it so every defender has a vision rating that gets modified based on awareness, change of direction rating, and zone (eyes in the backfield more often) vs. man coverage play calls and ratings (head/eyes turned while running with the receiver). Footwork and vision go together and are separators of average players vs. elite players.

This is also why the QB Vision cone from PS2 needs to return because it was the only way to move and look off defenders and differentiate QB’s.

In its current state, the passing game is a nightmare especially with fast MLB’s who can cover 3 to 4 routes at a time with god vision. It seems like the newly introduced change of direction rating for M21 has been reduced or eliminated for current gen, but is definitely a
huge factor in next gen, combined with the new player movement.

These true to life elements in of vision and footwork would add so much more to the game to help it resemble and simulate the way football plays out. The tech should no longer be an excuse and probably never was the reason for this poor gameplay design. We’ll see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »