Home

auto generated draft is terrible

This is a discussion on auto generated draft is terrible within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2020, 03:49 PM   #41
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: auto generated draft is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Because hype surrounding the current year's rookies is a big reason people buy the game. Pretty much anyone who gets any media attention during the draft process is going to be serviceable to very good in year one. It's been this way since before there was any such thing as abilities or dev traits, so those have nothing to do with it.

Wrong. So that means every draft class at least in the last 3-4 years has way too many stacked "star" or better development players, and which means the next 4 years if you play madden franchise with auto generated will be less talented than the last 4 years of. "official" madden drafted players.

You're just proving my point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
The draft classes in a vacuum are fun and cool. But as the years go by you start to see that there's not enough talent if you're just doing cpu generated classes. Say you sim 5-6 years ahead, you will be hard pressed to find any cpu generated players leading, or even top 10-20 in any stat categories. It's especially evident in running backs.. they're just not good enough and dont improve fast enough

In my online franchise w three other humans we are 5 years in and you have to scroll down about 25 running backs before you get to a generated player and even then they're averaging like 3.5 ypc.

Also in longer simulation tests you'll find all Team OVR Rating will decline sharply due to the cpu generated draft classes simply not being good enough
I completely agree. Every year in the NFL there are very solid UDFA RBs. It’s ridiculous that you have to draft a RB in the first two rounds just to get a decent one. So at RB and other positions I will go in and raise some of the ratings for CPU drafted players before their first season starts. This also helps erase the massive advantage you have drafting versus the CPU, as your hit rate in the game on your picks is just not grounded in reality. Look at the real life best drafting teams, the Ravens, Steelers, Saints etc.— They all still draft plenty of busts. One other alternative to this is to only scout the first two traits of a player to make it more real life in terms of being less of an exact science.
But as you stated, there is still an issue where overall the players just aren’t good enough. Every year in Madden the current crop of rookies on the EA roster end up being too good as the years go by compared to the cpu generated classes.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:37 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
Wrong. So that means every draft class at least in the last 3-4 years has way too many stacked "star" or better development players, and which means the next 4 years if you play madden franchise with auto generated will be less talented than the last 4 years of. "official" madden drafted players.

You're just proving my point
That's not what was said. It's just the actual rookie class, not every class the past 4 years. Rookies that had dev traits, and higher OOTB ratings this year, won't be as overhyped in '22. It will be the '21 draft class that will have elevated trait devs, because they're the hot names. The '20 class will have traits dropped because of how they actually performed in the 2020 NFL season.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:22 PM   #44
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

auto generated draft is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
That's not what was said. It's just the actual rookie class, not every class the past 4 years. Rookies that had dev traits, and higher OOTB ratings this year, won't be as overhyped in '22. It will be the '21 draft class that will have elevated trait devs, because they're the hot names. The '20 class will have traits dropped because of how they actually performed in the 2020 NFL season.

In the meantime......Chase Claypool never developed with the Steelers in my now Year 5 franchise. He was not overhyped prior to Madden 21 being released but now IRL he may turn out to be an absolute steal for the Steelers as the best WR taken in the 2020 draft.

I was able to sign him to a modest 3 year 10MM deal.

I have been throwing to him a lot. In Week 8 after some great performances I had a breakout scenario. Boom. We heavily involved him and got his dev to a star.

Guess what?

Week 9 I have a shot to get him to a superstar dev now.

Not every rookie turns out great when you play through franchise and then you get sweet storylines the longer you play through franchise.

I think the fictional classes are the best they have ever been on Madden 21.

Love em. And the more fictional players that get into your franchise the more fun it becomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-31-2020 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
In the meantime......Chase Claypool never developed with the Steelers in my now Year 5 franchise. He was not overhyped prior to Madden 21 being released but now IRL he may turn out to be an absolute steal for the Steelers as the best WR taken in the 2020 draft.

I was able to sign him to a modest 3 year 10MM deal.

I have been throwing to him a lot. In Week 8 after some great performances I had a breakout scenario. Boom. We heavily involved him and got his dev to a star.

Guess what?

Week 9 I have a shot to get him to a superstar dev now.

Not every rookie turns out great when you play through franchise and then you get sweet storylines the longer you play through franchise.

I think the fictional classes are the best they have ever been on Madden 21.

Love em. And the more fictional players that get into your franchise the more fun it becomes.

When you say the fictional classes have been great, do you mean user created or cpu generated?

And re: dev upgrade games. I don't think the CPU gets enough of these games, and if they do they definitely aren't as good at succeeding in getting the dev trait upgrade. That's another flaw and another reason overall league wide talent drops off a cliff the further you simulate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2021, 06:34 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
When you say the fictional classes have been great, do you mean user created or cpu generated?

And re: dev upgrade games. I don't think the CPU gets enough of these games, and if they do they definitely aren't as good at succeeding in getting the dev trait upgrade. That's another flaw and another reason overall league wide talent drops off a cliff the further you simulate
You need to set your XP Sliders up to what you want your league to be max OVR/Ratings wise.

The tools are there for the User so their league doesn’t fall off your expectational OVR cliff.

Default XP is set based on the generated draft levels, not the bloated Front End EA roster.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:37 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Something that has confused me about the draft classes is the almost complete lack of Route Runner WRs. Several schemes require this player type for scheme fit, but I think I may have seen one RR WR in probably 40-50 draft classes encountered in franchise.

Receiving HB also seem to be relatively few in number, and coverage LB, though not to the extent of RR WRs.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:57 PM   #48
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:

The EA generated classes have been very good on Madden 21. Best they have ever been.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »