Home

SpongeBob is coming to Madden 21... sadly this is not a joke

This is a discussion on SpongeBob is coming to Madden 21... sadly this is not a joke within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #73
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SpongeBob is coming to Madden 21... sadly this is not a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I mean, it's an option. No one needs to watch it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm not complaining. Just commenting how they clearly jumped the shark. It's quite obvious they're hurting by the pandemic and need to make as much money as possible even if they have to make cartoony graphics to entice kids.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #74
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
I'm not complaining. Just commenting how they clearly jumped the shark. It's quite obvious they're hurting by the pandemic and need to make as much money as possible even if they have to make cartoony graphics to entice kids.
EA is doing quite well actually. Are you only basing their financial outlook on an NFL partnership with ViacomCBS?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #75
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2021, 09:51 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
1. Anyone can start a thread. If you're going to complain, make sure it's at least an accurate complaint.

2. We have rules just like any forum lol. As long as rules are followed, threads are allowed.

PM me specifically what threads you talking about that we "censor." Like the last guy who called moderating out, I look forward to a PM from you. Haven't gotten one from him yet though.
LOL, Kehlis, I have no interest in having a conversation with you about anything, bro. Been here since the Utopia days. It’s all good. You don’t have to leave weird foreboding comments (and prove my point in the process). Peace.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:28 PM   #77
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Or maybe - just maybe - it has something to do with a the NFL simulcasting a Wild Card game on Nickelodeon this weekend and wanting to tie things together. I can’t imagine Nickelodeon viewers caring about video games, though. I mean, that just wouldn’t even make sense.

Getting worked up and offended over every perceived slight seems to be working out great for some of you guys though.
I really don’t get why people are outraged by this. You are exactly right.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:08 AM   #78

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by redright88
LOL, Kehlis, I have no interest in having a conversation with you about anything, bro. Been here since the Utopia days. It’s all good. You don’t have to leave weird foreboding comments (and prove my point in the process). Peace.
My reply wasn't weird at all. It was in fact very direct.

Call out the moderating? That's cool, not a new thing. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Let me know your issue though, we can talk through it. If you don't want to talk about it, why bring it up?
Old 01-10-2021, 01:29 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Redneck
I really don’t get why people are outraged by this. You are exactly right.

As I said in a previous comment, there are people that have been begging for gameplay fixes to issues that have been present for years but go completely ignored. I can promise you not a soul asked for Spongebob to be in the game.

The frustrations aren’t so much as the content itself, but for the fact that focus isn’t on gameplay and hasn’t been for some time. It’s on literally everything else. Which doesn’t make much sense for gameplay that is lagging behind a game 13 years older than it. It’s just another sign of their complacency.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:03 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 21

The goal and job of EA is to increase revenue and better returns on stock price to investors. Period. That's what they are in business for...we all know that.

Finding ways to attract new customers, or get current customers to "invest" more in the game is the marketing depts job. I am pretty confident that the guys who have their heads down trying to figure out and improve line play, zone defenses, cpu logic, franchise mode, etc. did not have time taken away from their duties to incorporate this mode.

Look, I get it...it is not a great optic for those of us who have been playing and supporting the game for more than 25 years, but the truth is they are moving in the right direction with the gameplay tweaks, animations, logic. Yes, it has taken far too long to get here and they do have a ways to go. But Spongebob, or any other feature they choose to put in to attract younger/different users will not have any effect on their current course and speed. I am confident of that.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »