Home

Cloud save copying? Help?

This is a discussion on Cloud save copying? Help? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2021, 06:06 PM   #1
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
Cloud save copying? Help?

Ok, I have a franchise saved in the cloud so I can has updated stats and rosters and draft picks. Etc.

I'm in year 2024 and would like to be able to change my team. The ideal situation would be able to play with two teams in this franchise, one as a GM/Sim and the other as a coach/player. Would I have to have two separate XBox profiles and two EA accounts to do this?

Is there a way to copy this franchise so I can always pick it up from here?

If I retire and choose another team can I ever go back to the team that I was using first?

This is current gen., BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2021, 06:57 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Cloud save copying? Help?

I don't think duplicating a cloud franchise is supported, and in a cloud franchise you can't have one XBOX Live / PSN account attached to two characters. If you have two separate XBOX Live accounts, you could play as two teams.

The only possible workaround - which will probably only work for Madden 21 - is if you get your hands on an XBOX Series X, get Madden 21 for free on that console via dual entitlement, then in that version of M21 import your XBOX One franchise to that console. Doing that will create a distinct franchise file only accessible on XBOX Series X which starts at whatever stage your XBOX One franchise file is currently, and your XBOX One franchise will remain separate so you can return to that later on that console.

The easiest way to do what you want is to play an offline franchise, which will let you have up to 32 characters (one per in-game team) attached to one console account. You can also duplicate an offline franchise, obviously.

Wrt retirement - I think you can go back to the team that you have previously used as long as you go to a different team first. Example, if you start a cloud franchise as Mike McCarthy (Cowboys head coach), then retire, you can't select Mike McCarthy again until you select a different character. So you'd swap to your second coach (let's say Sean McVay of the Rams). At that point, if you retire as McVay, you should be able to go back to McCarthy. Note that you will probably only get to do the current-week to-do list tasks with whichever coach you were playing as when the in-game week started.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 02-11-2021 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I usually use the offline thing but it was just so much easier to use the cloud. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Ok, I have a franchise saved in the cloud so I can has updated stats and rosters and draft picks. Etc.

I'm in year 2024 and would like to be able to change my team. The ideal situation would be able to play with two teams in this franchise, one as a GM/Sim and the other as a coach/player. Would I have to have two separate XBox profiles and two EA accounts to do this?

Is there a way to copy this franchise so I can always pick it up from here?

If I retire and choose another team can I ever go back to the team that I was using first?

This is current gen., BTW.
I run a cloud league with me and 5 other friends. The rest of the teams are controlled by the computer. I created another user on my PlayStation and invite the user (myself) to the league if I ever need to take over a team to make a trade or something between two computer teams. We do this to try to keep the computer teams as competitive as possible. In this manner you can control more than one team. Our league is set up for coaches only but if we had it set to owners or coaches I assume you could do the same thing. I hope this makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »