Home

Difficulty levels

This is a discussion on Difficulty levels within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2021, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Difficulty levels

I think they should bring back the difficulty levels for offense and defense like they had on Ncaa 14. All pro on offense, all madden on defense would be the perfect setting in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Difficulty levels

Yeah. You can sort of do that with sliders. I think the sliders themselves need an overhaul. Especially the coverage sliders. They seem to not have much affect at all.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Yeah. You can sort of do that with sliders. I think the sliders themselves need an overhaul. Especially the coverage sliders. They seem to not have much affect at all.

I think he's saying do so the way NCAA does it. In addition to sliders, they have Freshman, Varsity, etc etc for offense and defense. AND they have it for user settings and for AI settings.

Of course the better solution is to develop logic that is less dependent on sliders.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:51 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

Omg yes! I mean look at all the other sports games & EA's. Madden is thee worst/last in innovation in that department.

Playing:
Old 03-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joewilson16508
I think they should bring back the difficulty levels for offense and defense like they had on Ncaa 14. All pro on offense, all madden on defense would be the perfect setting in my opinion.
I don't know if others have experienced this but I enjoyed the next gen version of this game a lot on ALL PRO

I then bumped it up to ALL MADDEN for my third franchise season and the game became very glitchy. Not complaining about how hard it is but just very glitchy. Players falling on top of one another when being tackled and not being totally down. Weird tip ball catches. Even the announcers are making way more mistakes than before.

Not sure if this is a thing but just something Ive noticed over the last few games. Stuff I hadn't seen before on ALL PRO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2021, 09:38 AM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyPic22
I don't know if others have experienced this but I enjoyed the next gen version of this game a lot on ALL PRO

I then bumped it up to ALL MADDEN for my third franchise season and the game became very glitchy. Not complaining about how hard it is but just very glitchy. Players falling on top of one another when being tackled and not being totally down. Weird tip ball catches. Even the announcers are making way more mistakes than before.

Not sure if this is a thing but just something Ive noticed over the last few games. Stuff I hadn't seen before on ALL PRO
Yea no one will ever convince even to this day that All Madden doesn’t cheat. It’s not as bad as it once was but it’s still there. All Pro with sliders favoring CPU works for me.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:07 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Yea no one will ever convince even to this day that All Madden doesn’t cheat. It’s not as bad as it once was but it’s still there. All Pro with sliders favoring CPU works for me.
Depends on what you consider cheating. The CPU gets ratings boosts on All Madden and does a much better job at "guessing" what your play call is.

The User gets some boosts on All Madden, but not as many as the CPU. Most of the boosts on AM for the User are for the specific player they are controlling. On every other difficulty level in the game the boosts favor the User more than the CPU.

One of the things I miss most about playing 20 is using Frosty to remove most boosts so that the game felt and played better while the User controlled player wasn't a super athlete either. I wish Frosty was open source and was working with 21 so we could mod it, but for now I'll just deal with all of the quirks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Plain and simple, I've given up on All Madden. I remember in last year's game all madden played nice and smooth at one point... then a patch dropped and it became impossible.

But as far as gameplay goes, everyone has their likes/hates. Mine continues to be the AI pass defense. No matter the sliders, the AI will complete 70% of passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »