Home

want to vent about something i feel hinders this game greatly.

This is a discussion on want to vent about something i feel hinders this game greatly. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
want to vent about something i feel hinders this game greatly.

Speed - it's a tradition for madden, but in my mind its the #1 thing that makes this game unrealistic.

if you are playing competitive its worse... but it holds true for all modes. Players at all positions that are not even good - JAGS or worse are suddenly the most dangerous.

especially at WR - for example... if im playing the cardinals.. its not that hard to shut down Deandre Hopkins... but Andy Issabella... a career nothing is deadly. It's a joke when a nobody receiver is more dangerous than a top 5 WR in the game.

Another example - hollywood brown... in actuall football he is nothing... but in madden he can destroy you.

These are two examples but their are many more - I'm not sure what the solution is but in my mind it's one of the most unrealistic things that brings this game down.... and its almost like a tradition of idiocy.

Last edited by Ellard80; 02-28-2021 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: want to vent about something i feel hinders this game greatly.

I find route running to be a pretty important stat for receivers. Except on drags and slants though. Speed kills. I wish I can have my defenders play those better.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I find route running to be a pretty important stat for receivers. Except on drags and slants though. Speed kills. I wish I can have my defenders play those better.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Doesn’t much matter because in Madden you can call slants and wait for them to cross the field due to the (still) non-existent pass rush outside of insta-wins.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Doesn’t much matter because in Madden you can call slants and wait for them to cross the field due to the (still) non-existent pass rush outside of insta-wins.
In the default game with default sliders, this is true. If you do any slider editing and create realistic pocket times, then route running becomes extremely important and speed isn't the most important rating for a skill player on offense.

― Plato
Old 02-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
In the default game with default sliders, this is true. If you do any slider editing and create realistic pocket times, then route running becomes extremely important and speed isn't the most important rating for a skill player on offense.
if you are playing against the cpu i guess.

If you are playing against another user though speed is of utmost importance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2021, 08:56 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellard80
if you are playing against the cpu i guess.

If you are playing against another user though speed is of utmost importance.
If the H2H game had the pass blocking turned down to where it should be then that wouldn't be true, but yes the H2H default setting play is tuned for too many big plays because of all day to throw and speed parity being to great. Unfortunately that may never change so Comp players or default setting sim players have to find some exploits to counter that reality.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

The problem with “realistic pocket times” is that realistic route times don’t go with it, at least it hasn’t in the past.

I remember last year everyone talking about how realistic the pass rush was and someone gave a “snap to throw” statistic saying that the time was similar to most plays in the NFL. I went and timed a simple 10 yard dig route and it was almost a full second slower than what an IRL 10 dig route was. So while the pocket time was realistic, it was essentially twice as fast as it should be because the routes were not developing properly.

I have no idea if it’s like this now or not. I would have to look at it more closely. But I absolutely remember having that discussion last year.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:06 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
The problem with “realistic pocket times” is that realistic route times don’t go with it, at least it hasn’t in the past.

I remember last year everyone talking about how realistic the pass rush was and someone gave a “snap to throw” statistic saying that the time was similar to most plays in the NFL. I went and timed a simple 10 yard dig route and it was almost a full second slower than what an IRL 10 dig route was. So while the pocket time was realistic, it was essentially twice as fast as it should be because the routes were not developing properly.

I have no idea if it’s like this now or not. I would have to look at it more closely. But I absolutely remember having that discussion last year.
This is true. I do wonder if the next gen stats has made the route running much closer to real life times.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »