Home

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2021, 05:19 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Welp, you’re never going to hear his name called, if that matters to you (unless you’re on PC and use the franchise editor, which ought to still work). For whatever reason, they removed the calling of any name of an edited player and all rookie defensive players.

That’s weird.. but I haven’t really noticed, so not much of a big deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #50
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details

Very surprising to see EA intentionally leak a feature like that. A huge shift from the norm.

I feel safe saying they are finally listening and we are on the right direction.

My guess is the devs ALWAYS wanted to flesh out franchise mode, but the execs wouldn't let them. The Twitter riots last summer got the attention of the nfl office which made EA give more creative freedom back to the dev team. Seems like the most logical road to getting here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 03-03-2021, 06:19 PM   #51
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It hasn't been talked about here at all, but EA seems to have undergone a philosophical shift in the last several months. The decision to let Bioware remove the multiplayer aspect from Dragon Age and just be a single player game was huge, and the statements from the CSO in several articles a few days ago were quite interesting, some excerpts:

Quote:
EA’s own Laura Miele has confirmed that the publisher is making a drastic pivot for the foreseeable future.
Quote:
As I started this current role, I wanted to strip away some of the preconceived notions about what games we should be investing in and really start listening to players and incorporating their voice into our development process.
Quote:
When talking about this, Miele brought up franchises like FIFA and Madden. The sports series under the EA name have come under fire more often than not in the past, mostly regarding the more predatory practices of microtransactions adapting a Pay to Win model. Miele told IGN that this type of feedback is being taken in, but making changes to games like this on a larger scale take work and sometimes those changes can take years to be set in motion.
Quote:
“We have recently added advanced innovation teams that are heavily focused on tech development and dedicated to long-term game development,” Miele added when talking about EA’s sports games. “These teams explore innovation initiatives that players will get to experience in two to three years.”
Quote:
While EA retains the right to have the final say as the publisher, the company is moving in a direction to provide more “creative autonomy” that has always existed on some level, but will now be a bigger focus.
Quote:
With the retraction of EA’s previous stance that no one “likes single-player games,” it looks like the future of some of our most beloved gaming adventures may be brighter than many feared.
Now we know that MUT isn't going anywhere of course, but IMO a heavy investment in Franchise mode starting with 22 and then continuing every year without a year being skipped would show this to not just be PR speak.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 06:25 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

These seem like welcome additions to me. I'd love for trades in CFM to have improved logic along these lines. Very happy with this news.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #53
MVP

Haven’t been around much, been busy so not sure if this is the place for this or not. From what I have been told over the last few months there is a massive focus on franchise this year. They hired in more developers to work on it and the majority of all dev work for M22 is on franchise. In terms of the news today, this is only a slice of the feature sets for franchise you will see in M22. One high up developer told me today that M22 they hope will go a long way towards mending fences between EA and the community.

Basically, everything I had been hearing for a couple months was confirmed with the “leak” but also with some follow up conversations today. Will it be enough to appease a beaten up fan base? I can’t say, but I have heard about some of the other feature sets that will come with launch, but also after, and I think many will be happy.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:22 PM   #54
Rookie

Linebacker57's Arena

Are there gonna be any gameplay tweaks? i'm enjoying my CFM outside of the CPU QB's throwing the ball away every time as soon as your user sheds a block, even if that block shed is less than a second after the snap. I'm assuming this was to fix the statue or constant drop back QB but they've gone too far in the other direction.*
Old 03-03-2021, 07:42 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
If there was a single entity that EA Sports could negotiate with for NFL coordinators, I'm sure they would be willing to put real coordinators in. You always run into issues when you have to negotiate with individual players/coaches/schools.

A overhauled player editor is sorely needed. I never understood why they didn't implement Gameface into Madden. It was in NCAA 14. Not sure how UFC is, but Gameface was great in NBA Live 18.
100%. If i see the demos of M22 and they still have the bad create a player editor and generic face options it will be telling of how much effort they really put in. They have used those face options for the last 5+ years and the customization features are the worst of any eSports game. They could even just add the player creation suite from The Yard into custom draft classes/coordinators and the community could create realistic options. If it's the same face options again hard pass for me on M22 like M21. Gets dumb drafting cloned players of each other and little depth in customization.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 628DD5BD-3D3A-4F28-84B1-F23C61EE2887.jpeg (102.3 KB, 219 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Haven’t been around much, been busy so not sure if this is the place for this or not. From what I have been told over the last few months there is a massive focus on franchise this year. They hired in more developers to work on it and the majority of all dev work for M22 is on franchise. In terms of the news today, this is only a slice of the feature sets for franchise you will see in M22. One high up developer told me today that M22 they hope will go a long way towards mending fences between EA and the community.

Basically, everything I had been hearing for a couple months was confirmed with the “leak” but also with some follow up conversations today. Will it be enough to appease a beaten up fan base? I can’t say, but I have heard about some of the other feature sets that will come with launch, but also after, and I think many will be happy.
Hopefully it's not some one and done type of thing, but with EA you never know. You don't support M21 the way they have, have a big franchise year for M22, and then go back to neglecting the mode because you showed it attention finally. We will just cycle back to where we were when this all started.

It has to be a continued focus annually.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »