Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch Features Franchise Mode Improvements & Gameplay Fixes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch Features Franchise Mode Improvements & Gameplay Fixes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2021, 11:35 AM   #17
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch Features Franchise Mode Improvements & Gameplay Fixes

I'm stuck out of town a bit and don't get to enjoy the update.

(edit) I just saw a pic in the other thread showing it lists Super Bowl MVP's, but does it do that for every year or simply show you the most recent one?
Old 03-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #18
Rookie

Nothing in franchise matters until they fix the AI 🤷🏾*♂️
Old 03-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagan
I'm stuck out of town a bit and don't get to enjoy the update.

(edit) I just saw a pic in the other thread showing it lists Super Bowl MVP's, but does it do that for every year or simply show you the most recent one?

It’s history. Meaning every single year from that season forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-05-2021, 12:48 PM   #20
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Latest Madden NFL 21 Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
You can add them in existing franchises. At least on ps4.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
You can add them in PS5 Franchises too. I do it with my drafted guys fairly frequently. There aren’t super cool custom ones, but they are there. Pacifiers, anyway.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:17 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19

I want to use these pics to highlight how Front End rosters throws a monkey wrench into Franchise, esp as it relates to the new Draft/Trade Logic.

Generated OVR levels typically run mostly 60’s, with some 70’s every Draft Class (occasionally an 80’ish may pop up) and these OVR’s rate increase is based on the Dev Traits in relation to your XP Slider levels.

OVR’s and Dev Traits are the two weightier components in the Draft/Trade logic along with some other variables.

With the Spread Scale from M20, we see that in relation to Player Tiers...
90+ OVR’s = Elite
80+ OVR’s = Near Elite
70+ OVR’s = Quality Starters
60+ OVR’s = Low Level Starters
50+ OVR’s = Backups
40+ OVR’s = Low Level Backups (rare but I have seen a 48 generated OVR or an Backup (50+) that Regresses into 40’s before being purged)

I know it’s subjective but looking at these Front End OVR levels for the Washington team, none of these players are “Near Elite” level players.
- Allen & Payne would be edited (to me) as mid-70’s or Quality Starters with Star Dev Trait (Clark also but with Normal Dev Trait)

**I’m using C. Young impact as a gauge/contrast to them, whom I would edit at 78-79 OVR w/SS Dev Trait placing him right outside Near Elite Tier with just 1yr of play for Franchise Balance.

- Sweat’s impact to me has him at 68-69 OVR with a Star Dev Trait

If these players where rerated into the proper Player Tier(s) of the Madden Eco-System, this trade would not go through, but because their OVR’s are fluffed (using high AWR rating) this tricks the logic somewhat because their higher OVR’s increase their Value above what we would typically deem “IRL” value in relation to C. Jones
- this is further compounded by their fluffed Dev Traits also

Many Front End 70’s rated players are really 60’s or 50’s OVR’s and this hurts Franchise on some fronts...
1) those few 70+ OVR’s Quality Starter Draftees end up down in the depth charts rarely allowed to actually Start (esp 1st Rd picks) over players whom “IRL” they would be playing in front of

2) Bust factor Draft impact is diminished because of the many fluffed OVR’s in the league, a plethora of plug-n-play players provides a loophole around bad pick impacts

3) Teams that are truly bad in a certain gameplay area “IRL” are not properly reflected in Madden Eco-System because Front End fluffed OVR’s do not allow 50-60 OVR’s to be on the field
*** Raiders Defense should be 50-60’s Player OVR’s w/no player breaching 70 OVR Tier because they’re Backup Level players starting on a bad Def talent Team

Again, rerating into proper Tier(s) is Subjective, but in order to maximize the new logic (esp User vs CPU trades), some editing will need to be done.

Lastly, if your XP Slider levels do not allow for at least 60+ OVR Tier to get playing time in your Franchise, it’s a red flag that they are too high and basically perpetuate what Front End rosters are doing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 43B43B7C-2E1F-410D-89DE-512AB0BC8574.jpeg (147.4 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpeg 127F6770-BA49-4828-8545-D166B908C333.jpeg (329.4 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpeg 1BD3EC35-4934-4FCD-B9EB-ECC12F4A0BD8.jpeg (415.2 KB, 317 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2021, 12:41 AM   #22
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

I just traded Aaron Rodgers to the Bears for two 1st round picks and TE Jimmy Graham... love it.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #23
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I want to use these pics to highlight how Front End rosters throws a monkey wrench into Franchise, esp as it relates to the new Draft/Trade Logic.

Generated OVR levels typically run mostly 60’s, with some 70’s every Draft Class (occasionally an 80’ish may pop up) and these OVR’s rate increase is based on the Dev Traits in relation to your XP Slider levels.

OVR’s and Dev Traits are the two weightier components in the Draft/Trade logic along with some other variables.

With the Spread Scale from M20, we see that in relation to Player Tiers...

90+ OVR’s = Elite

80+ OVR’s = Near Elite

70+ OVR’s = Quality Starters

60+ OVR’s = Low Level Starters

50+ OVR’s = Backups

40+ OVR’s = Low Level Backups (rare but I have seen a 48 generated OVR or an Backup (50+) that Regresses into 40’s before being purged)

I know it’s subjective but looking at these Front End OVR levels for the Washington team, none of these players are “Near Elite” level players.

- Allen & Payne would be edited (to me) as mid-70’s or Quality Starters with Star Dev Trait (Clark also but with Normal Dev Trait)

**I’m using C. Young impact as a gauge/contrast to them, whom I would edit at 78-79 OVR w/SS Dev Trait placing him right outside Near Elite Tier with just 1yr of play for Franchise Balance.

- Sweat’s impact to me has him at 68-69 OVR with a Star Dev Trait

If these players where rerated into the proper Player Tier(s) of the Madden Eco-System, this trade would not go through, but because their OVR’s are fluffed (using high AWR rating) this tricks the logic somewhat because their higher OVR’s increase their Value above what we would typically deem “IRL” value in relation to C. Jones

- this is further compounded by their fluffed Dev Traits also

Many Front End 70’s rated players are really 60’s or 50’s OVR’s and this hurts Franchise on some fronts...

1) those few 70+ OVR’s Quality Starter Draftees end up down in the depth charts rarely allowed to actually Start (esp 1st Rd picks) over players whom “IRL” they would be playing in front of

2) Bust factor Draft impact is diminished because of the many fluffed OVR’s in the league, a plethora of plug-n-play players provides a loophole around bad pick impacts

3) Teams that are truly bad in a certain gameplay area “IRL” are not properly reflected in Madden Eco-System because Front End fluffed OVR’s do not allow 50-60 OVR’s to be on the field

*** Raiders Defense should be 50-60’s Player OVR’s w/no player breaching 70 OVR Tier because they’re Backup Level players starting on a bad Def talent Team

Again, rerating into proper Tier(s) is Subjective, but in order to maximize the new logic (esp User vs CPU trades), some editing will need to be done.

Lastly, if your XP Slider levels do not allow for at least 60+ OVR Tier to get playing time in your Franchise, it’s a red flag that they are too high and basically perpetuate what Front End rosters are doing.
The CPU doesn't take into account developing on players. It only looks at overall when determining the depth chart. The older Madden games had position battles where it would adjust based on preseason performance and CPU teams would also be Impacted. It gave a chance for younger players to possibly start over vets even if their ratings were lower.

Franchise is set up to really work short term. Or you need to sim 10+ years to get all real players gone and just have generated players. Progression and regression are also too binary since its mostly based on age. So you get a bunch of players bunched at around 85 overall because that's when upgrades start to come really slowly because of the increasing xp threshold. Add in the lack of playing time for CPU drafted players because they prioritize ovr when setting depth chart and the user is at an insane advantage. This also really messes with the salary cap as it increases but ratings decrease over time so many times user teams end up developing players for the rest of the league since users can manage and maximize developing of players and are usually dealing with the cap limits much more.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2021, 01:28 PM   #24
Banned

Re: Latest Madden NFL 21 Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBarber
“They say they would, but haven’t”

If your mother told you for 15 years that she’d take you to your favorite ice cream place but every single time you ask she says “i’m just really busy with other things, just give it time we’ll go soon”. At some point you’d be pissed wouldn’t you? Something as small as and insignificant as ice cream
You’re really comparing your mothers promises with those of a video game company? No wonder people are so miserable about this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »