Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch Features Franchise Mode Improvements & Gameplay Fixes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch Features Franchise Mode Improvements & Gameplay Fixes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2021, 12:11 PM   #57
Banned

ManyFacedMod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch Features Franchise Mode Improvements & Gameplay Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Anyone else notice that Madden only records the NFC awards in the League History page (outside of league MVP)? If you control an AFC team and win Defensive Player of the Year, you won't see it listed the history screen the next season.

To be clear, I simulated many seasons, and I never seen an AFC team represented in any of the sub-MVP award.
Hmm, that's not good. Wouldn't that mean that NFC teams all progress better? That award comes with a big XP bonus that would never to any AFC players... right?

Man, I wonder how many years it will take EA to even notice and/or fix that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
So I've noticed a few drafts now where 1st round qbs all fall to the 3rd round and they literally go in the first few picks of the 3rd. Had several teams with 0 qbs on the roster not take one at all and were stuck with undrafted qbs on the roster. Anyone else seeing the same?
Hmm, that's not good either. So basically no teams draft QB's in the first round? I have a draft coming up in my offline CFM soon, I'll have to check this out. If that is true people will exploit the heck out of that.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:26 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyFacedMod
Hmm, that's not good. Wouldn't that mean that NFC teams all progress better? That award comes with a big XP bonus that would never to any AFC players... right?

Man, I wonder how many years it will take EA to even notice and/or fix that, lol.

Hmm, that's not good either. So basically no teams draft QB's in the first round? I have a draft coming up in my offline CFM soon, I'll have to check this out. If that is true people will exploit the heck out of that.
Both leagues have award winners still. The issue is on the League History Page it doesn't let you see the past award winners for the AFC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-29-2021, 01:02 PM   #59
Banned

ManyFacedMod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Both leagues have award winners still. The issue is on the League History Page it doesn't let you see the past award winners for the AFC.
Ah,OK. Thanks for clarifying. So at least it is not as bad as I thought, but still a bummer you don’t see the correct winners.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:34 AM   #60
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
So I've noticed a few drafts now where 1st round qbs all fall to the 3rd round and they literally go in the first few picks of the 3rd. Had several teams with 0 qbs on the roster not take one at all and were stuck with undrafted qbs on the roster. Anyone else seeing the same?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

This has been going on for a few years. I want to say I first noticed in M16. I was able to pick up a mobile guy with a solid arm at the end of the 2nd rd. Ace Reagor. Lol. I still remember his name because he was THAT good. But, it got me looking at the qbs drafted moving forward. And, I started to notice that legit 1st rd guys (listed as 1st rd and scouted as 1st rd) were falling to 2nd and 3rd rds. I didn’t go so far as to check every team’s qb situ, but I just knew something was off in how teams draft qbs. I’ve used this to my advantage several times. Lol. Always drafting at the end of rds would normally mean not being able to get a great qb when u need a new one. But, because of something In the draft logic, you can normally get one late in the first or even in the 2nd, as you’ve mentioned they tend to get picked in the 3rd.

Pretty sure this allowed me to get another gem in M21, Addison McLean. Looks kind of like Drew Brees with about the same mobility (87 speed). I mostly throw with the guy, because his arm is sort of Mahomes like, I think. Lol. But, again, I got this guy either at the end of the first or second rd.

Which ultimately hurts some immersion/realism, admittedly. Knowing you can get a stud later than real life would normally dictate. But, I also try to snag a quality qb a year or 2 before I actually need to replace an aging Matt Ryan. So, I scout heavy and sometimes grab that gem in the first.

But yeah, I think this has been a draft logic issue for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »