Home

We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolution!

This is a discussion on We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolution! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Although I agree with you 100%, you forget that the majority of the people who buy the game are casual and they care more about graphics then having a variety of animations. IMO next gen Madden has added a ton of new animations, I see new ones every game, and also improved the contextual animations choices exponentially. I'm bullish on the game though, and expect them to do both well going forward.
I do not disagree with you. And I think EA knows that they have the casual gamer and the hard core gamer. Perhaps they could shift their resources to address this. Perhaps different modes that would satisfy both audiences? This seems like it would be a better use of limited resources instead of that The Yard or KO Superstars nonsense.

But EA is going to do EA things.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #10
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I have gotten so sick and tired of hearing about lighting and grass over the years lol. It has literally been comical to watch them pine over that so much thinking that even the casual crowd cares what the grass looks like. You ever see a younger kid going into replay and zooming into the grass just admiring it’s green glory? I don’t think so.

Meanwhile, we can’t even get dynamic weather. A visual implementation that actually makes sense.
I play H2H exclusively and weather isn't even turned on in that mode. I haven't played a bad weather game in years.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #11
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I have gotten so sick and tired of hearing about lighting and grass over the years lol. It has literally been comical to watch them pine over that so much thinking that even the casual crowd cares what the grass looks like. You ever see a younger kid going into replay and zooming into the grass just admiring it’s green glory? I don’t think so.

Meanwhile, we can’t even get dynamic weather. A visual implementation that actually makes sense.
Those things are pretty big to me and Madden continues to screw them things up yr after yr. I'm glad that ppl are calling them out for the flaws like lighting & fields not looking like their real life counterparts. It's been pretty clear Madden has been holding back in their graphic department. There's a youtuber out there (that I have distain for) that was sent a video that compares the visuals from like 19 to 21 current gen & I can't say that its wrong.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 03-16-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #12
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

I agree. While I enjoy next gen gameplay wise, I could care less about the slight graphic upgrades from ps4 version to 5. they could have definitely spent more time adding more animations than they have instead of brighter pictures.

Some will say they care about the colors and lights on the TV and it's respected. Im on the side that cares about the game feeling 2021ish and seeing wayyy more animations and immersion in gameplay at this point.

No graphic upgrade in my close to 30 yrs of playing madden has made me love the game more than a gameplay improvement but I'm not amazed by the lights and flashes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 03-17-2021, 04:37 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna
EA, please know your audience, do you want to make Madden the best its ever been???

then focus on making hundreds, maybe thousands of new animations for each player, and add variety to give them that authentic feel and let the player experience the "anything can happen on any play" feel to the gameplay and that will trump anything else!

This is head and shoulders a much better experience to give the gameplayers then constantly trying to add all these high resolution graphics and textures each year to the game. What good is it if the gameplay still feels, "oh Ive seen this a million times already and know how it will unfold" but just now at a higher resolution!!

Work on the dynamics, the organics, and make each play, each game, each player feel different!!!
I agree with your post 100%. That said, this is EA Tiburon we're talking about here. They can't even figure out how to get Refs on the field, stop the ball from ghosting through stadium walls, players from walking through bodies lying on the field after tackles, etc. So thousands of player specific animations might be asking a little too much. Sorry, had to be that guy lol
Old 03-17-2021, 05:13 PM   #14
Rookie

John_2400's Arena

EA fix user settings so camera angles, playbooks, etc stays saved like MLB the show. Its annoying fixing settings every game.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:32 PM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm going to say add thousands of new animations, because playing next gen, I can say with 100 percent certainty that they at least added hundreds of new animation in next gen Madden 21. From the first day it dropped through today I am still seeing new animations and interactions in the game. Of course to see them you can't be wearing your "F EA" blinders otherwise you probably won't notice.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2021, 12:21 PM   #16
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna
EA, please know your audience, do you want to make Madden the best its ever been???
Unfortunately, the answer to that has been clear for a VERY long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »