Home

Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement?

This is a discussion on Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement?

Good morning all,

Xbox series X finally shipping! With that said, for all of you ladies and gents who've been able to play the next gen version, can you please confirm if the following is actually noticeable (I can't pinpoint it in youtube videos):

- Head movement is more realistic for receivers and for ball carriers, making them look more aware of the on-field action.

- Rally Tech - Gang tackles will trigger more often with much more variety. Also made improvements to tackle momentum and it’s now much more realistic with direction, weight, and speed of the players involved taken into account for tackle selection and post-tackle follow through. And even defensive users can now interact with gang tackles.

- With the passing game moving at a more realistic speed, the pass rush has more of an impact relative to the timing relationship between the QB dropback, the depth of the route and the speed of the incoming pass rushers.

- Leveraging the power of NFL Next Gen Stats, Next Gen Player Movement is fueled by real athlete-data, route paths, and acceleration rates, allowing the next generation of Madden NFL to deliver the most realistic, authentic, and fluid player movement in franchise history. Feel the most elite NFL athletes at every position move on the virtual field like they do in the real world.

- For example, a big, bruising ball carrier will run with a heavier weight and produce more tackle outcomes where he gains extra yards, while a small, agile ball carrier will change direction efficiently and avoid tackles rather than power through them.

- Players now have “muscle jiggle” along with secondary animations to deliver more lifelike movement. Secondly, Cloth-Tech animations will see the jerseys move realistically as the player body moves on the field.

Thanks much. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement?

I would say none of that stuff jumped out to me. But I feel like bigger backs do bigger back stuff more often. Bigger receivers play like bigger receivers. Speedy receivers play like speedy receivers. I feel receivers get open more but not cheese get open.

Honestly don't look for next gen to be some huge update. It's pretty much the same game with slightly better graphics.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2021, 11:27 AM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I've seen most of that yes. Hopefully you have the same "wow" factor as I did when moving up from current gen Madden into next gen Madden.

Now that it's been patched and I've played many games (currently in 2025 in my CFM), to me not only is it my favorite Madden, it's my favorite console football game.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO if you don't think that next player movement is great it's because you're on a competitive based "User Super Hero" deal, love 2K too much, hate Madden too much, or any combination of the three.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:30 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
I would say none of that stuff jumped out to me. But I feel like bigger backs do bigger back stuff more often. Bigger receivers play like bigger receivers. Speedy receivers play like speedy receivers. I feel receivers get open more but not cheese get open.

Honestly don't look for next gen to be some huge update. It's pretty much the same game with slightly better graphics.

Damn, thats a bummer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2021, 12:37 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've seen most of that yes. Hopefully you have the same "wow" factor as I did when moving up from current gen Madden into next gen Madden.

Now that it's been patched and I've played many games (currently in 2025 in my CFM), to me not only is it my favorite Madden, it's my favorite console football game.
Yes sir, hoping the same. I'm thoroughly enjoying the current gen version, and I think its the best version yet since the PS2 days, just need a bit of weight added to the interactions/direction changes and I'll be golden (some player specific running styles and abilities would be great as well).
Old 03-14-2021, 12:43 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
IMO if you don't think that next player movement is great it's because you're on a competitive based "User Super Hero" deal, love 2K too much, hate Madden too much, or any combination of the three.
Sounds good. Yea, don't really consider myself falling into any of those factions lol. I like to think that I look at things pretty fair across the board. I'm more of a "no switch" sim player and 2k is a great game, but I'd be dishonest to say Madden isn't coming back around (very slow and incremental, but it IS happening). I'm gathering from your response that you've noticed this list of things in your next gen upgrade?
Old 03-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I am none of that. I actually didn't think 2k8 was the greatest football game of all time. I am a madden guy who has been playing it since commodore 64. They literally take functionality away and the retool it and give it back years later.

I am also a franchise gamer so it's especially bad for me.

Now you have to be drinking the koolaid if you don't this was a bug riddled, forced release. Next gen is literally current gen with some enhanced that were made capable due to additional power. It's not a different game. The development cycle for this game ended a long time ago. Hence the delay of the releases, great business move by EA. They make so much off of MUT. The franchise piece is not paramount. They actually spent time adding sponge Bob content. This shows you were the money resides. Heck nba 2k has shown all developers how you can cake up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »