Home

Trying to play coach mode but QB wont move in the pocket? Why?

This is a discussion on Trying to play coach mode but QB wont move in the pocket? Why? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2021, 03:25 AM   #9
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Trying to play coach mode but QB wont move in the pocket? Why?

Dude im doing cpu vs cpu but with my custom PB and my QB wont stop taking off half the time.... i know thats different then coach mode, ya they dont take off in coach mode, cause the game is made for user play pretty much

but ya i even have my QB set at balanced, and like half the time they do a pass play he drops back looks down field for about 2 seconds and runs... and sometimes gets caught and sacked.. im like just throw the balllllll

granted he is a quick player 90 speed but sometimes i want him to throw..

last game he ran 10 times for 107 yards which ok at times is cool. but its alil to much,

my advice...... u dont get to pick the play but if u ever wanna take a chance on a pass play that he may take off.. id just do slow sim (watch)

by the way anyway of getting the qbs to not take off so much, do i need to change his trait to trigger happy
Old 04-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Trying to play coach mode but QB wont move in the pocket? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Dude im doing cpu vs cpu but with my custom PB and my QB wont stop taking off half the time.... i know thats different then coach mode, ya they dont take off in coach mode, cause the game is made for user play pretty much

but ya i even have my QB set at balanced, and like half the time they do a pass play he drops back looks down field for about 2 seconds and runs... and sometimes gets caught and sacked.. im like just throw the balllllll

granted he is a quick player 90 speed but sometimes i want him to throw..

last game he ran 10 times for 107 yards which ok at times is cool. but its alil to much,

my advice...... u dont get to pick the play but if u ever wanna take a chance on a pass play that he may take off.. id just do slow sim (watch)

by the way anyway of getting the qbs to not take off so much, do i need to change his trait to trigger happy
I'm assuming he is set to scrambler as archetype. I went in and changed all my qb's to improvisor. That slows down some on the scrambling qb's and the pocket qb's helps move around the pocket instead of a statue but the pocket passers does run some as well but even Brady Brees etc run every once in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »