Home

Can't Find the Sweet Spot .....

This is a discussion on Can't Find the Sweet Spot ..... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #17
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Can't Find the Sweet Spot .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The problem with Madden is that it isn't really built for user vs CPU.

The users have a number of mechanics that the AI does not have (both in-game and within franchise itself). This creates an inherent balance if/when the user chooses to utilize those mechanics. Even something as simple as shifting/slanting your fronts is something the AI does not do. You get into hot routes...which again, the AI does not use. Then we have scenarios in franchise (that the CPU does not get). The list goes on and on.

Then we get into exploits that many user (even so-called "sim") players use, like dropping back too far on every pass play (or speed bursting outside the pocket), using 'coach suggestions', or the more obvious 'cheesy' ones like calling trips all the time.

Ultimately, I think you have to make a decision on how many of these types of things you choose to actually use/do. If you're going to give yourself a significant advantage over the CPU with these mechanics, then you need to probably go up to All Madden and get better at it if you're struggling. If you don't want to play on AM, then you need to consider removing some of those mechanics from your arsenal to put things back on a more even footing.

I think you have to decide for yourself how you want to play first and foremost. Then, based on that, choose your base difficulty, and finally, adjusting things as needed.
Great post and I fully agree. I try to do as little of these things as possible, I've even turned on the play cool down feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »