Home

0:00 on clock but game doesn't end

This is a discussion on 0:00 on clock but game doesn't end within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2021, 08:43 PM   #1
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
0:00 on clock but game doesn't end

This is just absolutely unacceptable. I just played an absolutely great game with an amazing ending and lost it all because Madden decided that just because there was 0:00 on the game the game wasn't over with yet.

I scored a TD with 33 seconds left that tied the game. Then I got an interception and kicked a FG as time experienced. Game over and I win....Not so fast my friend. Madden makes me kickoff. Then after the kickoff they let the Bengals lineup on offense to run a play. I intentionally commit an offsides penalty. Game over? Nope, still not over. So I do hit super sim and then the fun happens, NOTHING HAPPENS!!! It just freezes with the Bengals lined up to run a play with 0:00 on the clock and I can't get off of it. I'm so upset to lose an amazing game because Madden decided that the game wasn't over with it. It's just not my day.

Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2021, 10:22 PM   #2
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 0:00 on clock but game doesn't end

Ugh.. tough one there that stinks.

I had one about a week ago where I lost on a last play TD by the CPU team and I lost connection to the internet so when it came back and I went into my CFM it was like it was never played. Lucky for me you would think, I then lose by a FG.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
This is just absolutely unacceptable. I just played an absolutely great game with an amazing ending and lost it all because Madden decided that just because there was 0:00 on the game the game wasn't over with yet.

I scored a TD with 33 seconds left that tied the game. Then I got an interception and kicked a FG as time experienced. Game over and I win....Not so fast my friend. Madden makes me kickoff. Then after the kickoff they let the Bengals lineup on offense to run a play. I intentionally commit an offsides penalty. Game over? Nope, still not over. So I do hit super sim and then the fun happens, NOTHING HAPPENS!!! It just freezes with the Bengals lined up to run a play with 0:00 on the clock and I can't get off of it. I'm so upset to lose an amazing game because Madden decided that the game wasn't over with it. It's just not my day.

If you got back out and come back the game you should not lose it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2021, 01:10 AM   #4
Rookie

I’ve seen this issue since Madden 20. If you play ‘Play the Moments’ and the clock expires during a play where after play is detected for you or you sim a play where it returns you to the menu, the game will not end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2021, 01:10 AM   #5
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

This happened to me more than once and I swear each time it was following a dramatic win or loss.

The only thing I've been able to tie it to is slow speed sim plays. I would rather do that with every special teams play because it's awesome. But if I do it late in a game at all this usually happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2021, 01:11 AM   #6
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouza
I’ve seen this issue since Madden 20. If you play ‘Play the Moments’ and the clock expires during a play where after play is detected for you or you sim a play where it returns you to the menu, the game will not end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that lol. It sucks

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-07-2021, 03:08 AM   #7
Banned

I've had this happened to me i was in OT against Baltimore kicked the game winning FG i assumed i won because Baltimore couldn't convert on there drive after the FG it took me to kickoff after I selected the play nothing happened just players standing there i was sooooooo pissed off that day

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #8
MVP

forme95's Arena

I had this happen last night as well. I was playing year 2 Preseason week 1 and it was actually a good game. I lost 24 - 17, but some of my new guys made some great plays and my star young FS made a great interception. I was very happy with how the game played out. On to end of the game. Same thing, clock hit 0:00 and I got stuck. Couldnt pause, sim, no button interaction. Game was live with everyone on the ball, but nothing. I had to close out Madden. Lucky its only preseason and I had a back up saved for start of season 2. Just erks me. It was such a great game.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »