Home

Really hoping that there is no twerk music on the Madden 22 Soundtrack.

This is a discussion on Really hoping that there is no twerk music on the Madden 22 Soundtrack. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 09:17 PM   #9
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Really hoping that there is no twerk music on the Madden 22 Soundtrack.

Not a chance, not sure why it's so hard to add other genres other than rap.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 04-18-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Music that is written by band members which requires musical knowledge and talent rarely achieves a billion views. Our society puts little value on these types of efforts and creations.

Madden isn't indie. They need to sell something bland and generic enough to appeal to the widest range of consumers as possible. And country music and emo punkrock ain't it.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:17 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Unfortunately the music is more misplaced when playing the actual game. Over the loud speaker rap music soundtrack is pumping constantly and only stops during a play. EA seems determined to get you to hear that soundtrack no matter what. The game sounds more like a concert than a football game.

And for some reason everything coming over the loudspeaker is connected so if you turn off the music you also turn of the ref and the PA announcer, who happens to be the best part of the game.

There is much more musical variety in an actual stadium. The music that is played is done so sparingly and only at appropriate times, such as the opening kickoff, during timeouts etc. Some songs are unique to certain teams. And all teams have some sort of sound affect that pumps up the crowd on potentially big downs, it's not always just popular music pumping.

I would love for EA to simply give us the feel of a real stadium and a real broadcast. And if they can't do that then take a lesson from MLB the Show and give back control to the user to insert our own music and sound effects as we see fit.

Last edited by ccdeville; 04-18-2021 at 03:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2021, 08:30 AM   #12
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKrimpet
Some songs on the Madden 21 soundtrack just felt really out of place. Like why would you put this in a Football video game?

I miss the days when this series used to give artists their big breaks. There is no variety in the playlist anymore. I love Rap, but Madden used to be a way for me to discover rock bands & country artists that I otherwise would not have discovered on my own. Fall Out Boy, Rag N Bone Man, & Alberta Cross are some examples of that.

I hope that is something that returns in the future. There is nothing wrong with putting something in for everybody.
Rap is as much football music as rock. If you've ever spent time on a football practice field or locker room, you'll hear both.

Now, songs about WAP and all that, yeah, that's not football music.

This is coming from someone whose coaches played Metallica in the locker room every game day.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:39 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

As much as I like that Throw it in rotation song... yeah i def miss when the EA trax had much more variety/

But we're old. Learn to live with it or turn em off. Dont' expect the progression of society to cater to your old sensibilities.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I turn ALL the music off, these days. There was a time where I'd listen to at least some of the soundtrack. Madden 2004's OST was solid. And yeah, I turn the rap off. But I'm okay with that, because I'm sure there are people turning the rock / alt off.

But what I REALLY miss are the old NFL Films songs. This last year, I've been using Spotify to play them because the Madden orchestral themes just get SO repetitive and annoying. Gimme dat Ramblin' Man From Grambling!
Old 04-19-2021, 05:01 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I hope there’s twerk music and actual twerking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2021, 06:00 PM   #16
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

While few of the tracks are anything I'd put on myself, the music in Madden to me serves as kind of the signature of each release. There are songs I hear now on the radio and remember them more for being in Madden than anything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »