Home

Madden 22 news?

This is a discussion on Madden 22 news? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2021, 01:49 PM   #73
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yea, I signed up too, but for some strange reason the drop down window said "Xbox One". It's probably an oversite but I'm sure it will spawn some conspiracy theories.

Theories in full effect here lol... wondering if there's 2 different version of the game again so xbox users will test last gen and ps5 is the only next gen to get tested... would be dumb so hopefully a mistake. I have the Series X but i signed up for the Xbox One version anyway.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #74
Just started!

Mcs tournies will be on new gen.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:03 PM   #75
Rookie

Red face Re: Madden 22 news?

this coming week is E3 2021, there is an possibility of us getting news for FIFA 22 and Madden 22 at the Xbox showcase
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2021, 06:24 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamelover
this coming week is E3 2021, there is an possibility of us getting news for FIFA 22 and Madden 22 at the Xbox showcase
Figure we will get a trailer and release date during it at least.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:42 AM   #77
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

It’s sort of strange how lately they’re showing the game later and later. Last year it made sense since the “next gen”’consoles were releasing in November, even with that said, they showed off the “next gen”’versions like 2-3 weeks before release.

If the game is still slated to come out in August like it usually does, they’re trending water here by not even announcing the cover athlete(s), features or even pictures of the new game yet.

The EA digital event won’t be until July this year, that’ll only give them 1 month or so to reveal and show off the game.

I guess they can give us a tease at Microsoft’s conference. But it’s sucks that lately they haven’t spoken or shown the game until mere weeks from release.

I know Covid hit the world hard but even before Covid they were leaning towards this cycle. I miss the days when we got information during the Draft and they kept feeding us bits and pieces until E3. Now we just have radio silence.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:04 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
It’s sort of strange how lately they’re showing the game later and later. Last year it made sense since the “next gen”’consoles were releasing in November, even with that said, they showed off the “next gen”’versions like 2-3 weeks before release.

If the game is still slated to come out in August like it usually does, they’re trending water here by not even announcing the cover athlete(s), features or even pictures of the new game yet.

The EA digital event won’t be until July this year, that’ll only give them 1 month or so to reveal and show off the game.

I guess they can give us a tease at Microsoft’s conference. But it’s sucks that lately they haven’t spoken or shown the game until mere weeks from release.

I know Covid hit the world hard but even before Covid they were leaning towards this cycle. I miss the days when we got information during the Draft and they kept feeding us bits and pieces until E3. Now we just have radio silence.
I think that is the trend nowadays for sports games. Nowadays they don't start revealing info until about 2.months prior to launch. NBA2K doesn't really start until about 6 weeks prior, but it is consistent after that.

I actually prefer that approach. I'm very patient, so I can wait close to launch. I rather get consistent Info late than to get scattered info. Unless you have ton of new feature to reveal, scattering out info leads to a lot of dead space. A lot of times in past for Madden, after mid July, you wouldn't get anything new outside of occasional gameplay videos.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #79
Rookie

I think will drop next week or Microsoft Conference.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #80
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think that is the trend nowadays for sports games. Nowadays they don't start revealing info until about 2.months prior to launch. NBA2K doesn't really start until about 6 weeks prior, but it is consistent after that.

I actually prefer that approach. I'm very patient, so I can wait close to launch. I rather get consistent Info late than to get scattered info. Unless you have ton of new feature to reveal, scattering out info leads to a lot of dead space. A lot of times in past for Madden, after mid July, you wouldn't get anything new outside of occasional gameplay videos.
Yep, people want information early, but these companies have learned that they don't need to put it out any sooner than a 1 or 2 months before release. The only problem is that once we get under 3 months without seeing something that's when the conspiracy theories start flying.

IMO, no game needs more than a month's worth of marketing, folks are just use to all this superfluous hype building.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »