Home

What were some.of the things the patches messed up on Madden 21

This is a discussion on What were some.of the things the patches messed up on Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2021, 03:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What were some.of the things the patches messed up on Madden 21

This past year,I downloaded patches to Madden 21 for the first time. I didn't play it very much prior to downloading the patches. The resulting gameplay has left me frustrated and am glad I finished my first and only year in franchise and it's left me very frustrated.
I thought the patches were supposed to make it better,of course Ir really don't know how bad A.I. play was before the patches. How was Madden 21 OOTB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2021, 07:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What were some.of the things the patches messed up on Madden 21

Kick meter OOTB was horrible, but patches screwed up a lot, again, contains really never worked, finding pressure was always an issue with this years game

It also amazed me how you got block sheds out of formations that really didn’t make sense, there for a while you could block sheds out of prevent, how tf does that work? Lol

FB never really never blocked anyone most of the time

DDA is really noticeable in this years game, to me it reminded me of 18

Right now the game is just toxic, everyone copy and paste there offense and defense, nothing really unique about anyone’s play style like it was back in the day
Old 05-09-2021, 06:35 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What were some.of the things the patches messed up on Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
How was Madden 21 OOTB?
Madden 21 (PS4 / XBOX One) out of the box was a bug-riddled mess, most likely due to the workplace disruption caused by coronavirus dramatically altering the experience of working at a AAA video game company.

Every patch that came out generally made Madden less of a bug-riddled mess. There were some specific pain points that unfortunately lingered for longer. The kick meter is a good specific example of things that got worse before they got better.

My biggest pain point caused by title updates was the outright removal of pattern matching for most of the year, which made playing Cover 4 defensive schemes entirely unviable. A late update finally brought pattern matching back, but that didn't happen until late in the game's life cycle.

In my opinion, the version of Madden 21 that exists now is the best version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »