Home

I pray that they devs fix QB AI in 2022

This is a discussion on I pray that they devs fix QB AI in 2022 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
I pray that they devs fix QB AI in 2022

I just want to put this out to the universe right now with the hope that it gets traction.

AI QBs are awful.

Specifically it's their ability to make decisions. I honestly don't know how to fix it. I' feel like I've tried everything.

They either:

Scramble after their first read every time, and they are irrationally good at scrambling and seem unphased by the same physics system that I am beholden to.

Hold the ball and backpedal into a 15 yard sack.

Or they throw perfect passes on slant and stick routes that are basically uncoverable.

It turns every game into a tedius exercise in calling the same 3 defensive plays and making the same few adjustments in order to stop the cpu. AI qb play has never been great, but it's never been this game breaking. This has to be something they can address on some level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I pray that they devs fix QB AI in 2022

Are you on next gen or current gen? On next gen, it's tons better. A balance QB can be deadly now even in Sim

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM   #3
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

On current gen, the CPU AI was very good at launch and was wrecked with patches as the cycle progressed. On next gen, the CPU AI is pretty solid, but still with room for improvement.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue7
On current gen, the CPU AI was very good at launch and was wrecked with patches as the cycle progressed. On next gen, the CPU AI is pretty solid, but still with room for improvement.
Exactly. The 15 yard drop back definitely is fixed in next gen. It's not perfect last night I had a wb scrambled out of bounds 3 times where they could of just turned up field. Same thing with RB and WR as well. Madden still is a flawed game even on next gen but next gen after all the patches is definitely playable.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Next-gen QB AI is definitely much better, but hopefully they improve on it even more. Being much better than something that was bad isn't saying much. The QB's are complete morons on next-gen anymore, but they still have plenty of issues that would be nice to finally see worked on. QB's are still too hesitant to throw to a WR unless they are wide open. QB's practically either throw to the guy wide open, even if it is a 2 yard route on 3rd and 10, or they make ridiculously forced passes. We need more middle ground and for the good QB's to be willing and able to throw into tighter windows more consistently than they do now.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 09:22 PM   #6
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

I'd like to see them implement QBs tucking and running, then seeing a open man before crossing the LOS and throwing it.

That an the backfield manuevering. Escaping the pocket to the right, no one's there. Rolling left afterwards, finding someone open.

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButter
I'd like to see them implement QBs tucking and running, then seeing a open man before crossing the LOS and throwing it.

That an the backfield manuevering. Escaping the pocket to the right, no one's there. Rolling left afterwards, finding someone open.
It's in the game on next gen. Haven't seen it a lot but played the eagles in a franchise game on Tuesday. Wentz did it twice. Once was a completion. The second was a long completion that got called back because he actually passed the line of scrimmage.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

The issue Devs face (Clint noted this several times) is that it's hard to find that balance pt for AI QB's because of the "Robo QB" designation that's often applied when AI QB shows more awareness towards User play calls/on-field decisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »